Beta 2 & 3 released on the same day

Status
Not open for further replies.

chulapi

I think it was a bad move from Mike to release Beta 3 immediately after the release of Beta 2. It looks weird and a bit unprofessional. A better way to fix the problem with Beta 2 was to release a patch and update the Beta 2 to include this patch.

I feel Beta 3 a waste of beta numbers...

What do you think?

I believe the version bump was necessary for the phrase changes to function correctly. Most of those immediate post-release patch releases are strictly PHP related. I don't really think there's much of an issue with releasing it on the same day.

Dang - and I was hoping to convince @Mike to use "gamma" after the beta - just to really throw people for a loop. After all, we were used to the Tuesday rule for releases. Maybe they'll break free from the confines of alpha - beta - ...

Better yet - I want to see beta 3.6.29.2013 ;)

I think it was a bad move from Mike to release Beta 3 immediately after the release of Beta 2. It looks weird and a bit unprofessional. A better way to fix the problem with Beta 2 was to release a patch and update the Beta 2 to include this patch.

I feel Beta 3 a waste of beta numbers...

What do you think?
I think you have too much time on your hands to bother about such things. I see it as highly professional that a new version is released as soon as necessary.

Why y'all beta blockin? Nobody need to be gangbangin on beta. J/K

But seriously, it has been said already..move on and don't give the idea any more attention than it deserves. The dude had an opinion, to be constructive all one needs to do is point out what positive things come from it. Instead of bashing someone for their negative view of the circumstances.

In my situation I didn't get online until after b3 was dropped so realistically they saved me a upgrade by updating it so fast...and I am sure for anyone that needed the b3 update from 2 that it was also very convenient to get it so quickly.

I actually thought i was late missing beta 2 when i saw people said they already upgraded to Beta 3 lol
But good to see such fast response with the updates.

You have no idea how much time it takes to go through 500+ phrases that are "outdated". Checking every one of them, if anything has changed, causes hard work for translators like myself; and it's a waste of time since it was a bug.
For you it's unprofessional, for me it's something that I've seen little to none at other software developers.
Thanks Mike!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom