1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Beta 2 & 3 released on the same day

Discussion in 'General XenForo Discussion and Feedback' started by chulapi, Jun 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chulapi

chulapi Member

I think it was a bad move from Mike to release Beta 3 immediately after the release of Beta 2. It looks weird and a bit unprofessional. A better way to fix the problem with Beta 2 was to release a patch and update the Beta 2 to include this patch.

I feel Beta 3 a waste of beta numbers...

What do you think?
  2. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I believe the version bump was necessary for the phrase changes to function correctly. Most of those immediate post-release patch releases are strictly PHP related. I don't really think there's much of an issue with releasing it on the same day.
  3. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I didn't realise beta numbers were in limited supply...
  4. Sheldon

Sheldon Well-Known Member

This officially shows there will always be a complaint.
    Lone Wolf, 0ptima, Veer and 9 others like this.
  5. Jeremy P

Jeremy P Well-Known Member

Unprofessional? It's still in development. And it technically is a new version.

That people will complain about anything :rolleyes:
  6. Slavik

Slavik XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Yea we only have 4.
    shenmuee, Cambion and CyberAP like this.
  7. LPH

LPH Well-Known Member

Dang - and I was hoping to convince @Mike to use "gamma" after the beta - just to really throw people for a loop. After all, we were used to the Tuesday rule for releases. Maybe they'll break free from the confines of alpha - beta - ...

Better yet - I want to see beta ;)
    Paul likes this.
  8. Alfa1

Alfa1 Well-Known Member

I think you have too much time on your hands to bother about such things. I see it as highly professional that a new version is released as soon as necessary.
    shenmuee, 0ptima, Cambion and 2 others like this.
  9. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

I call it being professional. I also call it - thanks Mike for releasing it so quickly but most of all I fancied another update tbh and feel 2 updates in 1 day fills my appetite with regards to upgrading consumption. Yeah!! More upgrades, sir? Yes please.
  10. Kevin

Kevin Well-Known Member

Oh, wait, are you serious? :cautious:
  11. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Forreal. WTF
    Cambion likes this.
  12. Magic

Magic Active Member

A 3rd beta version that is released so soon after the 2nd, that addresses "found" issues can only be a WIN, in my humble opinion.

Release as many as you deem necessay.

0ptima and Brandon Sheley like this.
  13. EQnoble

EQnoble Well-Known Member

Why y'all beta blockin? Nobody need to be gangbangin on beta. J/K

But seriously, it has been said already..move on and don't give the idea any more attention than it deserves. The dude had an opinion, to be constructive all one needs to do is point out what positive things come from it. Instead of bashing someone for their negative view of the circumstances.

In my situation I didn't get online until after b3 was dropped so realistically they saved me a upgrade by updating it so fast...and I am sure for anyone that needed the b3 update from 2 that it was also very convenient to get it so quickly.
    Renada, Cambion and Shelley like this.
  14. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley Well-Known Member

You're welcome to only update to the beta 2 if it makes you feel better. ;)
    shenmuee and Cambion like this.
  15. Sheldon

Sheldon Well-Known Member

I don't think that is possible.
  16. CyberAP

CyberAP Well-Known Member

I don't want to be near this guy when 1.2 final is released.
    shenmuee, Cambion and Sheldon like this.
  17. Cambion

Cambion Well-Known Member

I actually thought i was late missing beta 2 when i saw people said they already upgraded to Beta 3 lol
    But good to see such fast response with the updates.
  18. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

Alfa1, Paul and Cambion like this.
  19. Cambion

Cambion Well-Known Member

@Shelley omg at that LOL...i'm in starbucks and just definitely laughed a bit too loud and caught the attention of a few patrons haha. Too funny.
    yavuz and Shelley like this.
  20. Moshe1010

Moshe1010 Well-Known Member

You have no idea how much time it takes to go through 500+ phrases that are "outdated". Checking every one of them, if anything has changed, causes hard work for translators like myself; and it's a waste of time since it was a bug.
    For you it's unprofessional, for me it's something that I've seen little to none at other software developers.
    Thanks Mike!
    yavuz and Shelley like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.