1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Wordpress Bridge?

Discussion in 'Resource and Add-on Discussions' started by Stan, Jul 16, 2014.

1. Stan

Stan Active Member

I am currently running xF-Wordpress Bridge 1.2.1 ( http://xenforo.com/community/resources/xf-wordpress-bridge.1833/ ) which worked fine, but it no longer works with newer releases of XF.. So I need to switch to something more updated that works and obviously has a developer who can update it. Anyone else had this issue and found something better?

Help please..
  2. Stan

Stan Active Member

Why doesnt XF have this as a default.. It is the most used CMS..
  3. EQnoble

EQnoble Well-Known Member

Because bridging another piece of software as a default feature requires you to not only develop for your own software but also stay up to date constantly with another software title and for the people who buy xenforo because they want forum software it can be considered as a waste of valuable resources.

Weigh that together and it appears that officially supporting wordpress is a loss at least to me and probably a quite few other people.
    TheLaw likes this.
  4. Kirk

Kirk Well-Known Member

5. CMGDevel

CMGDevel Active Member

It appears that XenWord is not unsupported and has been taken down. It is unfortunate that there isn't a supported bridge to the internet's most popular blog software. Pairing the best forum software with the best blogging software makes a lot of sense.
  6. Kirk

Kirk Well-Known Member

This is from the developer's website
  7. HenrikHansen

HenrikHansen Well-Known Member

8. JulianD

JulianD Well-Known Member

9. wirtheim

wirtheim Member

I think its about time that XF will make blog and CMS
    I want ans need something that will work with the same users from the forum, also that permissions will be enforced in the same platform, and not in external one.

Kirk likes this.
  10. JulianD

JulianD Well-Known Member

I wish!!
  11. Frode789

Frode789 Active Member

This. Very good addon and great support.
  12. TheLaw

TheLaw Well-Known Member

I believe you can limit the user name scheme, just like you can with vBulletin. I don't allow any special characters, just alphanumerics.
  13. BusyBee

BusyBee Member

XF CMS hmmm i prefer still forum only.