Best way to spread the word about your site

A month maybe?

Since it's started, it's only had a bit over 100 discussions with a bit over 1000 messages
Holy ****... be grateful for what you have then. I started my forum in late 2009 and we didn't get off the ground for about a year. I am proud to say we are now the largest competitive source on the web for what we discuss.

But yes, you're doing something right... keep it up. :)

I create a new thread myself every other day or so with some CTA type title, tweet about it with a format of %title% - %url #somehashtag #somehashtag, then go to ads.twitter.com and promote that tweet using a twitter follower campaign with a 60 cent bid

My ad campaign gains me about 10-20 twitter followers per day, plus my wordpress content gets me another 10-50 (wildly variable) per day

My facebook page, I post all of my wordpress articles to, and pay 1$ a day for facebook likes
The facebook targeting and twitter targeting are primarily focused around hitting people who have already seen my site, but do not like or follow the social accounts.

This method of targeting causes significant engagement, as they already know your brand.

All in all, spend about 150$ a month on advertising on a site that pulls in about a grand per month (though the forum itself is not monetized at all, it's to raise community engagement with the main wordpress)

There are so many ways to publicize your site, and I am always trying to think of new ways to do it. What about leasing an old army aircraft and have them drop your logo and flyers out over the crowd at an air show at the local Air Force Base? ( see below video ) It's a little over the top but it works. ....

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Top Bottom