Best Way To Send Mass Emails?

zooki

Hi, my current host rackspace limits email sending to 200 subscribers.

I need to send out to about 100,000 emails, they are my subscribers. I do not have a whole load of cash, so whats the best way to email them, and with the mail going into their inbox?

I would like to use phplist, whats best server for that?

does anyone use services such as mailchimp, sendgrid ? etc what are your experiences of them?

try a search on here on mailchimp - I know Ive seen it mentioned here so yes there are people who have used it you could contact. I am not sure on sendgrid but worth a search.

When searching be sure to untick the "this forum only" option.

Hi, my current host rackspace limits email sending to 200 subscribers.

I need to send out to about 100,000 emails, they are my subscribers. I do not have a whole load of cash, so whats the best way to email them, and with the mail going into their inbox?

I would like to use phplist, whats best server for that?

does anyone use services such as mailchimp, sendgrid ? etc what are your experiences of them?

I would try PHPList and see how long it takes to send 100 emails - then multiply that amount of time for 100,000. I'd assume that it would take a long time!

Dont bother doing this yourself - its not worth trying for 100,000. Just use Mailchimp, or if you dont need their reporting, you can use Amazon SES which offers a simple SMTP gateway - its way cheaper than Mailchimp. SES is $0.10 per 1000 emails (so you're looking at around $10 to send them.) - enter your info into the Amazon Calculator and it'll give you an idea on pricing: http://calculator.s3.amazonaws.com/calc5.html

Another option would be SendGrid - they are pretty decent.

If you go down the Amazon route, you can still use something like PHP list as long as it allows you to enter SMTP settings, it'll then just use amazon to send the email you create. Pretty simple to get setup.

Dont bother doing this yourself - its not worth trying for 100,000. Just use Mailchimp, or if you dont need their reporting, you can use Amazon SES which offers a simple SMTP gateway - its way cheaper than Mailchimp. SES is $0.10 per 1000 emails (so you're looking at around $10 to send them.) - enter your info into the Amazon Calculator and it'll give you an idea on pricing: http://calculator.s3.amazonaws.com/calc5.html

Another option would be SendGrid - they are pretty decent.

If you go down the Amazon route, you can still use something like PHP list as long as it allows you to enter SMTP settings, it'll then just use amazon to send the email you create. Pretty simple to get setup.

Do I have to do anything "extra" to make sure I can keep emails away from user's Spam box? Which would you say is better, mailchimp or amazon? I need a quick setup right now

Do I have to do anything "extra" to make sure I can keep emails away from user's Spam box? Which would you say is better, mailchimp or amazon? I need a quick setup right now
Mailchimp will be a lot easier and likely less lightly to end up in the spam folder. Amazon is a 'diy' option as all they are providing is the SMTP server. Mailchimp is however fairly expensive.

Shop around though, there are thousands of email services. iContact, Campaign Monitor AWeber, etc.

I use Amazon's SES for all my forum-generated mailings. It works very well, though if you're wanting any sort of advanced reporting through it you would be out of luck.

Top Bottom