1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best way to get from Beta 4.0 to RC 1

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by HydraulicJack, Jan 30, 2011.

1. HydraulicJack

HydraulicJack Well-Known Member

My test installation is currently Beta 4.x and it's past time to upgrade to RC 1.
    I have some test data in the forum I'd like to preserve if possible.

What is recommended procedure? Do I have to do upgrades to Betas 5 and then 6 before applying RC 1, or is there a way to jump the queue and get RC 1 up while preserving current content?

I realize I might need to pack up the data that's in the current forum, do a clean install of the full RC 1 package then reload the data, but just checking and would appreciate the details of the steps. I'm kinda new at this. ;)
    Thanks!
    HJ

2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

It's a direct upgrade. The upgrade script automatically runs the appropriate upgrade steps for your version. You don't need to do multiple upgrades.

A clean install is not needed. Just do a regular upgrade and it will preserve your forum information. Here is a guide:

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/upgrade-guide.11085/

Dean likes this.
  3. HydraulicJack

HydraulicJack Well-Known Member

Like the difference between night and friggin' DAY compared to that (litigious) forum killer.
    Thanks very much for the quick reply Jake!
    All the best,
    HJ