Best Posts - uncover your top content [Deleted]

It's the rating id of a post ratings rating (like = 1, etc.)

Probably not something most people will need but I found on my forum that the highly 'emotional' posts with large numbers of friendly ratings dominated the interesting/funny posts, so I've got the friendly rating blacklisted

Ahh I see, its part of the Post Ratings addon, no wonder I was confused.

A post ID blacklist would be cool. There's quite a few announcements from admins on my Best Post's lists that don't really need to be there.

Thanks again for this addon, my members have been asking for it since I moved from vb + vbseo. (y)

The cron timed out on our sandbox which has marginally less database information and no traffic compared to our live site.

I've had the same problem as Stuart. The instructions say to run the cron over and over until it finishes. After 8 attempts I gave up.

The cron timed out on our sandbox which has marginally less database information and no traffic compared to our live site.
I've had the same problem as Stuart. The instructions say to run the cron over and over until it finishes. After 8 attempts I gave up.

Please try installing version 1.1.2

Note that you do not need to run the cron manually any more (and doing so will not build the cache from scratch as it would before), there is now a rebuild cache option in ACP > Applications > Best Posts > Rebuild Cache. This will also be done automatically on installation

Is the Best Post rebuild incremental? Because it's been running for hours and it's not half done.
It's something you only need to run once if that's what you mean. The daily cron to keep it up to date should only take a few seconds to run, as it only considers likes/ratings from the last 48 hours

Just updated to latest version, ran rebuild cache and got two errors in the error log:

Code:
Server Error Log
Error Info
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Class 'Dark_BestPosts_Model_Post' not found - library/XenForo/Application.php(514) : eval()'d code:1
Generated By: Unknown Account, 10 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(73) "https://www.myptsd.com/c/attachments/autonomic-nervous-system-1-jpg.3219/"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Just updated to latest version, ran rebuild cache and got two errors in the error log:

Code:
Server Error Log
Error Info
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Class 'Dark_BestPosts_Model_Post' not found - library/XenForo/Application.php(514) : eval()'d code:1
Generated By: Unknown Account, 10 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(73) "https://www.myptsd.com/c/attachments/autonomic-nervous-system-1-jpg.3219/"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}
That would suggest the PHP files have not been uploaded correctly

Note that you do not need to run the cron manually any more (and doing so will not build the cache from scratch as it would before), there is now a rebuild cache option in ACP > Applications > Best Posts > Rebuild Cache. This will also be done automatically on installation

No problems with the upgrade, it rebuilt fine. I'll let you know if I notice any errors. Thanks

I started getting a ton of these server errors last night. I've never seen them before and they started exactly at 8:00PM, which is when the cron is scheduled for.

Code:
Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli statement execute error : Lock wait timeout exceeded; try restarting transaction - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:214

Generated By: username, Yesterday at 8:00 PM
Stack Trace

#0 /home/domain/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Statement.php(317): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute(Array)
#1 /home/domain/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(479): Zend_Db_Statement->execute(Array)
#2 /home/domain/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Like.php(186): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('????INSERT IGNO...', Array)
#3 /home/domain/public_html/library/Borbole/Reputation/Model/Like.php(9): XenForo_Model_Like->likeContent('post', 8738062, 16600, NULL, NULL)
#4 /home/domain/public_html/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Post.php(393): Borbole_Reputation_Model_Like->likeContent('post', 8738062, 16600)
#5 /home/domain/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Post->actionLike()
#6 /home/domain/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#7 /home/domain/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#8 {main}

Thanks Luke. Please note that on our sandbox (which is not as powerful as our main servers, but which has zero traffic), it took the best part of 24 hours to create the Best Posts index.

Great idea! I think you can improve it by making possible to view the best posts links under the first post of a discussion.

Luke, got a small issue. I need to stop the Adsense ads showing on the best post pages, as it replicates multiple times beyond the allowed number within best post pages.

This post from Brogan shows how to remove ads from showing on specific templates, but I added yours and it didn't seem to work, or I missed something: http://xenforo.com/community/resources/responsive-adsense.2084/update?update=8093

I had added to my if is statement: AND !in_array({$contentTemplate}, array('dark_bestposts_list')) and it did nothing.

<xen:if is="!in_array({$contentTemplate}, array('message_page', 'error', 'search_form', 'search_form_post', 'search_form_profile_post', 'search_results', 'register_form', 'register_facebook', 'register_twitter', 'register_google', 'login', 'error_with_login', 'contact'))">

Any suggestions? It is against Adsense policy, obviously... thus the issue experienced.

Someone also suggested adding AND !({$post.isBestAnswer} AND {$post.dupe}) within my if statement around ads, but that didn't work either / I did it wrong if that is the correct option:

<xen:if is="!{xen:helper ismemberof, $visitor, 22} AND {$post.position} % {$xenOptions.messagesPerPage} == 0 AND !{$message.conversation_id} AND !({$post.isBestAnswer} AND {$post.dupe})">

Someone also suggested adding AND !({$post.isBestAnswer} AND {$post.dupe}) within my if statement around ads, but that didn't work either / I did it wrong if that is the correct option:

<xen:if is="!{xen:helper ismemberof, $visitor, 22} AND {$post.position} % {$xenOptions.messagesPerPage} == 0 AND !{$message.conversation_id} AND !({$post.isBestAnswer} AND {$post.dupe})">

Try adding AND !{$dark_bestposts_type} to that if statement

So if I only wanted a couple usergroups to have access to mark best posts I take it I'd have to edit templates? I want everyone to be able to view the best posts but only a few select usergroups able to choose the best posts.

Top Bottom