Best notice to convert guests into members

DPF

Anyone have any tips or tricks for using the notice system to engage members to participate in the community more, and convert the guests in to members?

Thanks

Anyone have any tips or tricks for using the notice system to engage members to participate in the community more, and convert the guests in to members?

Thanks

It does not matter imo, what it says on the notice system messages, if the site does not have interesting content. Content is the most important thing to achive what you are asking.

Not using the notice system from xenForo, but I implement ideas such as these to promote discussion threads at my forum so people can find them to post in :

interesting.webp

I'm pretty sure a lot of people are familiar with the Jake from State Farm commercial :

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

It's changed weekly or monthly depending on how many ideas I have with new links to different discussions that my members would be interested in talking about.

Thanks
Make a floating notice and set it to match unregisted user/guest criteria

***qte***
Your attention is required!

Please note that short versions of thread content are provided to unregistered users and guests.

Furthermore some threads are kept hidden fromunregistered users and guests.

In order to get access to all threads, read thread content full versions and do not miss a thing, please register to AKAForums.

Registration to AKAForums and access are free

***unqte***

Just have a very large annoying floating notice, that says: "if you join up you will no longer get this very large annoying floating notice" :)

If you have adsense it's a good idea to let people know the ads won't show to members (if that is the case)

By the way, do such fixed floating notices really not interfere with search engines (google, yahoo, bing etc)?

I'm sure Google may prefer that, but then it won't be doing it's job of being a notice.
That's ok it's not working on mobile devices.

How can I force this notice not to appear on registration page? I failed to find notice's setting that is responsible for single pages

You can talk about something interesting in the guest notice. It could be a good article, an interesting resource you offer, or a freebie.

Top Bottom