Best Hosting for XenForo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jericho M

Hello Everyone,

Just want to know what is the best and not that very expensive hosting for Forums. In all my blogs I used HostGator but I am not sure if HostGator is also a good hosting for forums.

I'll wait for your suggestions.

God Bless!

Jericho

HostGator was purchased by EIG which also owns BlueHost and JustHost and HostMonster and hundreds other host. They are the unlimited everything hosting type that charge 2 years in advance.

I suggest CortexNetworks.com for hosting.

Depending on what you consider expensive, you could check out Siteground. I've used them for several years and they have been very good for me. They currently also have a special promotional price.

If your a new startup forum, then almost any shared hosting, including HostGator will be fine.
No, friends don't let friends use Host Gator.

HostGator was purchased by EIG which also owns BlueHost and JustHost and HostMonster and hundreds other host. They are the unlimited everything hosting type that charge 2 years in advance.

^ This is why. ^

I would suggest...

canspace.ca
crocweb.com
hawkhost.com
knownhost.com
softlayer.com
nimbushosting.co.uk
steadfast.net
reliablesite.net
staminus.net

Host Gator isn't really hostgator. They are EIG
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endurance_International_Group

Who is EIG?
http://www.digitalfaq.com/editorials/websites-blogs/hostgator-alternatives-eig-pt1.htm

Now if you want something to further back all this.... One need only visit webhostingtalk.com and you will see the level of "crazy" that seems to happen as a result from EIG. Or do a search on any development community.

Last edited:
I use http://www.dreamhost.com/ to host my XF site/forum. They offer great features, and great deals. I have never had an issues with them yet, although I've barely been using them for a year now. I didn't have to do anything extra to get XenForo running on it either, so anyone should be able to install XF and setup their site with them.

I even created a promo code that anyone here can use if they choose to sign up with dreamhost. If you use the promo code, you'll get a free domain for a year. Plus the first entire year of hosting with them will only be $30. To get this deal, use the following promo code: XFHOSTING

Bluehost hosts KH-Flare, actually, and it's not too bad.
Give it time.

EIG slowly liquidates everything they acquire. They swap out the good hardware for cheaper stuff eventually and takes on a whole new meaning to overselling (packing customers in like tuna fish inside a small tin can).

They also from time to time will implement their own "tweaked" version of cPanel where individual features that normally are included with most host (as they are standard options in cPanel), suddenly cost extra (backups for example).

I've migrated people away from them who only had as little as 10 members and 100 post away from EIG, because their excuse any time your site becomes slow, is that the software you're using is flawed.

They've said this about Word Press, XenForo, phpBB, vBulletin, IPB, FluxBB, bbPress, SMF, and just about anything else that was using php / mysql.

And to the less expecting individual (newbie), they're liking to think they have a problem when they do not. Usually being talked into upgrading their plan. What little good it does them though.

Last edited:
Give it time.

EIG slowly liquidates everything they acquire. They swap out the good hardware for cheaper stuff eventually and takes on a whole new meaning to overselling (packing customers in like tuna fish inside a small tin can).

They also from time to time will implement their own "tweaked" version of cPanel where individual features that normally are included with most host (as they are standard options in cPanel), suddenly cost extra (backups for example).

I've migrated people away from them who only had as little as 10 members and 100 post away from EIG, because their excuse any time your site becomes slow, is that the software you're using is flawed.

They've said this about Word Press, XenForo, phpBB, vBulletin, IPB, FluxBB, bbPress, SMF, and just about anything else that was using php / mysql.

And to the less expecting individual (newbie), they're liking to think they have a problem when they do not. Usually being talked into upgrading their plan. What little good it does them though.

We've been with them since we started the forum on vBulletin 4.1.4 on August 30, 2011. We're now on vBulletin 4.2.2.

Hi Deathstarr,

Is CortexNetworks.com is a good hosting company? Are they offering a free webmail like HostGator? can you give at least two popular websites or forum under this hosting company? Thanks a lot!

No, friends don't let friends use Host Gator.

^ This is why. ^

I would suggest...

canspace.ca
crocweb.com
hawkhost.com
knownhost.com
softlayer.com
nimbushosting.co.uk
steadfast.net
reliablesite.net
staminus.net

Host Gator isn't really hostgator. They are EIG
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endurance_International_Group

Who is EIG?
http://www.digitalfaq.com/editorials/websites-blogs/hostgator-alternatives-eig-pt1.htm

Now if you want something to further back all this.... One need only visit webhostingtalk.com and you will see the level of "crazy" that seems to happen as a result from EIG. Or do a search on any development community.

Thanks for the information. It seems like EIG is not a good company right?

Thanks for the information. It seems like EIG is not a good company right?
From my opinion, my own self experience, and the collective opinion and experience voiced by others that I have encountered; overall I would say they are good at maximizing their profit by masking themselves, thus having people jump from "name brand" to "name brand" always assuming they are switching providers, when in fact they have fair odds of technically landing with the same provider they were trying to get away from & avoid.

I recommend the following providers, because these are web hosting service providers who not only usually receive high praise, but to which I have experienced with and whom I have found easiest to work with, when helping other people with their XenForo site's.

canspace.ca
crocweb.com
hawkhost.com
knownhost.com
softlayer.com
nimbushosting.co.uk
steadfast.net
reliablesite.net
staminus.net

Of course there are many other providers for you to choose from, as there are many other web hosting service providers out there. I would encourage you to visit a site such as webhostingtalk.com and do some research on what you believe would best fit your own needs. :)

From my opinion, my own self experience, and the collective opinion and experience voiced by others that I have encountered; overall I would say they are good at maximizing their profit by masking themselves, thus having people jump from "name brand" to "name brand" always assuming they are switching providers, when in fact they have fair odds of technically landing with the same provider they were trying to get away from & avoid.

I recommend the following providers, because these are web hosting service providers who not only usually receive high praise, but to which I have experienced with and whom I have found easiest to work with, when helping other people with their XenForo site's.

canspace.ca
crocweb.com
hawkhost.com
knownhost.com
softlayer.com
nimbushosting.co.uk
steadfast.net
reliablesite.net
staminus.net

Of course there are many other providers for you to choose from, as there are many other web hosting service providers out there. I would encourage you to visit a site such as webhostingtalk.com and do some research on what you believe would best fit your own needs. :)

Thank you so much! Very helpful. In your own opinion, which of the above list is the best or the one that you are using?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom