Best accelerator plus Minify CSS

Hi,

I just finished installing APC on my server and my XenForo installation rocks!
I would like to use Minify CSS Option but due to the nature of APC, I haven't modified my config.ini.

Should I install any Mem Cacher or APC will cache the minified CSS.

Plus any more suggestions for further performance boost are always welcome.. :)

APC is great isn't it :)

It will do everything you need it to but you'll have to add it into your library/config if you want it to cache your backend stuff. Just a little fyi keep an eye on it using apc.php which you'll find in the APC download.

I read Kier's post at various places that this XenForo community only relies on APC with no config modifications.
And they are using 'Minifies CSS' which is processor intensive!
So my guess is APC would be able to cache the minified CSS without config modifications.
Can anyone confirm this?

Using memcache on a single server is a stupid idea!
Other than CSS Minify (which I can do manually), will I get other performance improvements if I use APC as backend?

Using memcache on a single server is a stupid idea!
Although I don't use memcached anymore, I was quite successful using it on a single server. My take was that memcached worked great as an opcode cacher and has the ability to work across multiple servers. Of course, my take could be entirely wrong. :)

Although I don't use memcached anymore, I was quite successful using it on a single server. My take was that memcached worked great as an opcode cacher and has the ability to work across multiple servers. Of course, my take could be entirely wrong. :)
I've used MemCached in the past and its a fantastic opcode cacher but with APC on board performance improvements would be negligible. The only question is to use MemCached, APC or none for back-end?

On the advice of (maybe Mert?) at vBSEO, I was using APC as my vB datastore and general Opcode cache and caching vBSEO with memcache. It worked fine but I didn't notice any difference when I loaded everything onto APC so I decided to drop memcached. I'm extremely happy with APC, especially since it's bundled with phpo now and just needs to be activated. no brainer

Memcached is fast to cache things if you have more than one memcached server, if not the case, APC or xCache is better.

Top Bottom