Before I move from VB4

Kuya

Hi,

I am pretty much ready to move my forum from vbulletin 4.2 onto Xenforo, but I was hoping to get some info first.

I plan to create a test forum first, hopefully import everything from the VB4 forum into Xenforo and then style it as I require it (basic stuff, I won't be spending days on the design - will likely buy a premium style). But I was thinking of having the Xenforo site running live side by side the VB4 site at some point, once I am happy everything has been migrated and the site staff can access everything, I would then delete the VB4 site and move the files to cover the main forum.

I've moved PHP sites along folders before with little problem, would this be problematic?

Of course when I do this the VB site will be offline so the database doesn't grow.

Not 100% sure when I will do this (I lack a lot of spare time right now) but I hope to make the move well before Christmas.

Also, how easy is it to use say a Joomla header with a Xenforo forum underneath?

I've heard people on here running Xenforo and vB side by side while they ease into the migration with no problems. As long as your server can handle both, and they're installed in different directories, there shouldn't be any issues.

I've heard people on here running Xenforo and vB side by side while they ease into the migration with no problems. As long as your server can handle both, and they're installed in different directories, there shouldn't be any issues.
That will create duplicate content issues which will certainly affect SEO.

Top Bottom