bees are sweet

honey_bee_farm.jpg

Something like this would be good enough for those bees :P They will love it.

That looks like a really nice setup! Its green and has lots of delicious flowers to eat. What more could a bee ask for? (y)

Yup they love it . We had around 14boxes in big farm with several Fruit plants like mango,orange,grapes,Pineapple & several other flowers . There were few wild bees groups within Tree branches too . It was really fun back there specially when it was time to collect the honey from those boxes :P

Well, its the end of the bee season. I've got my hives ready for the winter, and I can't wait to get started again next season. I managed to steal remove the excess honey from my hives, which was over a hundred pounds. Heres a pic of me pulling out honey frames.

bees are sweet.webp

DAMN BOY! NO joke!!! you got the beekeeper outfit and everything...your a beast!:-)

Now when you say the excess honey (100lbs DAMN)...do you mean this is honey left after your harvesting?

DAMN BOY! NO joke!!! you got the beekeeper outfit and everything...your a beast!:)

Now when you say the excess honey (100lbs DAMN)...do you mean this is honey left after your harvesting?

Haha, I had to get the suit so I stopped sweating every time I worked the hives. There is nothing more unnerving than opening up a hive of bees and having them fly around, land on you, and carry about their business while you rob them of their honey. I haven't been stung yet working them.

I left the bees about 150lbs of honey per hive to eat over the winter. Its my first year wintering and I want them to survive, so I left them more than most beekeepers in the area do; however, most beekeepers in the area lose about 40% of their hives over winter too, so we'll see what happens.

The honey I took was just the excess ontop of their wintering stores. Honeybees produce way more honey then they need, I just take what they won't eat right away :) Its amazing to think that each bee carries 1/12 of a teaspoon of nectar back to the hive, so there were alot of bees flying to and fro all summer to get the honey they did in such a short period.

Top Bottom