Been ripped off three times and maybe four times.

jonsidneyb

I had some charge backs on my business today.

It seems someone has been buying a lot of stuff from my store with a stolen credit card. Almost all of my customers are my forum members so I trust them. I can't however figure out who this customer is. Quite often I have customers that order something for another member, this happens all the time so I don't think much about it when someone orders an item from one billing address to have shipped to another address. I finally got burned.

Two packages with very large orders went to an address in Texas but the card holder is in Wisconsin. Fraudulent transactions. The phone number on the orders was the admissions office of a college and they didn't know the person.

I finally by spending a lot of time on Google found out how to contact the person getting the shipments. He told me he has been getting packages for someone in Russia and forwards them to him for a fee of $30.00 per package. The person from Russia has been sending him shipping labels. He says he sends out dozens of packages a day for this guy to various locations in Russia.

I got curious about another order, I don't know if I am going to get burned on this one yet. This package went to California, the billing address is in Michigan, I try and call the phone number and it goes to an old style modem singing to me. When I google the persons name there is only one match in the country and it is in Minnesota. I am pretty sure I will learn if I got scammed again soon.

My house also got robbed, I was involved in a shooting about 10 years ago, four guys went to prison and I was a witness for the prosecution to send the guys I was in a shootout with to prison. Well the gun I used was stolen. My closest neighbor had their safe stolen.

My losses this month where greater than my earning last month. Life is not fun.

Sorry to hear it Jon :(

I have had Fraudulent transactions and Charge Backs too, it's very upsetting I know.

Sorry to hear about the other things going on in your life too :(

I talked to someone today and then was going to report what I have found out to the police. One of my friends is jumping up and down yelling at me to report it to the FBI. I don't think that is the right agency to contact.

Do you guys have the equivilant of 3DSecure in the states yet? Basically the card holders are redirected to a special bank login page during the checkout where they enter a password which the bank then confirms and sends the result back to you to complete the transaction.

The main thing is that (over here at least) it shifts the liability back to the bank, so even if it is a fraudulent transaction, they can't issue you a charge back.

Its also called 'Verified by Visa' and 'Mastercard secure code'.

Re: the guy in Texas - report him to the police / FBI, he's acting as a stooge for this guy in Russia, god knows who the Russian is, probably Russian mafia. Whoever it is, its serious, organised crime and the Texan should know better.

...My house also got robbed, I was involved in a shooting about 10 years ago, four guys went to prison and I was a witness for the prosecution to send the guys I was in a shootout with to prison. Well the gun I used was stolen. My closest neighbor had their safe stolen.
Make absolutely sure you file a police report about that. If that gun is used for 'bad' things, you will be much happier if you have that police report. There might be other precautions you should take, not sure.

Make absolutely sure you file a police report about that. If that gun is used for 'bad' things, you will be much happier if you have that police report. There might be other precautions you should take, not sure.

I have already reported the gun stolen.

I did call the FBI to see what they said. They gave me the number to the Secret Service telling me it was under their jurisdiction since it involved CC. I knew they delt with the M1 money supply but it turns out they also deal with the M2, and M3 money supply as well. They also told me to contact the postal inspector.

Re: the guy in Texas - report him to the police / FBI, he's acting as a stooge for this guy in Russia, god knows who the Russian is, probably Russian mafia. Whoever it is, its serious, organised crime and the Texan should know better.
And the crime rate in Texas isn't helping matters, either. It's quite dangerous there too.

I finally by spending a lot of time on Google found out how to contact the person getting the shipments. He told me he has been getting packages for someone in Russia and forwards them to him for a fee of $30.00 per package. The person from Russia has been sending him shipping labels. He says he sends out dozens of packages a day for this guy to various locations in Russia.

In the USA, he's as liable as the party he's sending it too, clearly.

Top Bottom