Bedbugs

Wow you guys seem to have much bigger problems. I am glad we noticed them quickly. My daughter had few red bumps on her arm so we checked and once we saw those little f**rs we sprayed and thrown lots of powder at their hotspots. We didn't have to call pest control.

The downside is that you need to leave the windows open for the spray smell to dissapear, which might enable them to sneak in again.

That silica gel idea is something I didn't know.

We've looked and looked over my son's bed, and found nothing. But the rash on his arms is awful!
I wonder if it's just spreading because he won't stop scratching them?

We've looked and looked over my son's bed, and found nothing. But the rash on his arms is awful!
Well, I've heard they can be very hard buggers to find especially during the day. But then again, for all I know, it might just be a random rash ("I'm a web designer darnit, not a doctor!"). Hope it is just a random rash anyways Peggy ;)

oh my. I need to check my son's bed tomorrow.

Unexplainably he came up with a few red bumps on both arms and left leg about a week ago. I thought he was getting chicken pox, tbh. But no new bumps have appeared. He's just scratched these few so badly that a couple are infected, and I have to bathe them, use peroxide to clean them out, use neosporin and gauze/tape to keep them covered.

Not sure if this is the same thing or not. Me thinks a trip to the doc is in order. Now to scrounge up the money......... :(

Bed bugs like to feed on the same spot. So if he has several bites close by, that may be a sign... Hope its nothing serious.

Do not bother looking, you won't find any. But if he is the only one in the house with a rash then... it could be allergy.. or something? visit your doctor

Yep he is the only one in the house with the rash. It's gotten pretty bad as I discovered last night when he was putting his pajamas on. He's been scratching them til they bleed. UGH! yep a trip to the doc is in order.

Yep he is the only one in the house with the rash. It's gotten pretty bad as I discovered last night when he was putting his pajamas on. He's been scratching them til they bleed. UGH! yep a trip to the doc is in order.
I had an issue like that last year, where my body basically got covered in a rash.

Came down to an allergic reaction that was made worse by a sunrash. 

If he is the only one in the house, it probably is something other than bedbugs. Bedbugs seek out their prey 'us' by following the carbon dioxide we breathe out.

If you had bedbugs, they would be finding you as well. :)

Jamie

ugh, I read about the bedbug epidemic just before I went to Israel. Every hotel I stayed in, I had to check the mattress carefully (my roommate must have thought I was crazy lol). Fortunately I didn't find any and didn't get bitten!

Apparently they really like clean beds... not sure that means my hotel beds were dirty or I was just lucky lol!

Did you take him to the dr. then? Glad it's not bedbugs! phew!! They're notoriously hard to get rid of!
Yes I did. He's been on anxiety medication for a while, but he's entering pre-puberty, and the dosage he'd been on for a couple of years wasn't enough, so the doc increased it a bit, and gave us tips for keeping his hands busy so that he doesn't have time to pic at his skin.

It's an obsessive/compulsive thing that notoriously goes hand in hand with Aspergers.

We had to get rid of everything furnitures/Carpets/Bed and get whole apartment sprayed twice when i was living in NY .

Top Bottom