Be able to tag users (moderators) in the report system

Why is tagging needed? Just mentioning the name in the report should be enough. If the moderators on a forum are working as a team (as they should) then if a report is intended for a particular moderator then it can be assigned to that moderator, either by the moderator themself or another moderator can assign the report to them. The report indicator will then show to the moderator that they have a report assigned to them.

upload_2014-8-4_22-21-27.webp

Why is tagging needed? Just mentioning the name in the report should be enough. If the moderators on a forum are working as a team (as they should) then if a report is intended for a particular moderator then it can be assigned to that moderator, either by the moderator themself or another moderator can assign the report to them. The report indicator will then show to the moderator that they have a report assigned to them.

View attachment 79664
The purpose is to have discussion on the incident and not to assign a specific moderator. Let's say I have 25 moderators. Only 4 of them should discuss this issue because they were involved. Then I want them to get notification when each person is answering the other or something at this sort. The other 21 moderators have nothing to do with this report, so it would be a waste of time keeping them coming back to the report center.

Ah, I thought you meant users who reported content could tag a moderator in the report or other moderators tag a moderator to say they should deal with it.

Would it not be an idea to use the "Send Reports into Forum" option and then use a forum for moderation rather than the report centre? You could then use tagging as required.

Would it not be an idea to use the "Send Reports into Forum" option and then use a forum for moderation rather than the report centre? You could then use tagging as required.
Wow its like Christmas where the heck is that option? Ugh i hate the report system for discussions..

It seems to me that the objective of the report center should be that it is more effective than forum for processing reports.

yeah but it kinda fails as a robust solution.. Err its rather immature yet..
Indeed. Thats why suggestions like this are needed. The report center needs to become more mature in functionality so that people will not need to ignore the RC.

Ah, I thought you meant users who reported content could tag a moderator in the report or other moderators tag a moderator to say they should deal with it.

But then it creates a huge spam in your moderators forum since not all reports need to be discussed.

But then it creates a huge spam in your moderators forum since not all reports need to be discussed.
Not if you use a separate forum for reports only. ;)

I'm not saying you're wrong with your suggestion, I'm questioning it and suggesting alternatives which may solve the problem.

I do agree that the report center needs further development. I do use it rather than the forum option as I like the assigning of reports and other functionality that it provides. It's not easy though to find previous reports or do some stuff that you can do in a forum. Maybe it should be more like a combined forum and report center.

The problem with that option is that you can only choose the "report centre" or "send reports into forum". On a big forum with lots of moderators (we have around 100) the report centre is invaluable because it just means handling of reports is reasonably well orgnaised. The "send reports to forums" doesn't work quite so well. But yeah I totally agree with the OP and it has been a regular request from our mods who need to discuss with others.

TBH if I had to choose between being able to tag users in the report centre or having both report centre and send to forums going, I'd probably choose the later - better search functionality so I I'd get the best of both worlds

We'd really love to have user tagging in report comments. It's a real drag if you want to get someone's input, to have to send them a PM to get them to look at a report :(

Trying to love the reports system but we may have to revert to ol' threads.

I come from a community that only has 1 moderator:gamevial community. Gamevial(the owner)doesn't visit real often because he has games to make. Maybe this option could be applied to a forum like that.

I've got a free addon in testing I'm hoping to release this weekend or early next week which should provide a work around. Just needs some work to work with the addon [db] tag me's group tagging.

Top Bottom