XF 1.5 Report system configuration?

Bill Stuntz

We've been using a "Reported Posts" forum in vB for a long time, but we're converting to XF. In vB, all reported post threads are visible, allowing discussion of "closed" reports if we want/need to re-think the actions taken, or discuss how we want to handle similar problems in the future. Reports that are still being discussed float to the top of that forum, even if action has already been taken.

Experimenting with XF's report system, there's no visible "Big Picture" of closed reports. And I have no idea how long "Recently Closed Reports" remain visible. In any case it's WAY too short for the way we're used to handling reports. And the only way I've found to display a "non-recently" closed report is to search by the user name. Is there a way to browse all closed reports rather than searching for a specific report by remembering the username?

I haven't been able to find any information about how XF's report system works, or any settings related to it. Is there any way to increase the time closed reports remain visible? To forever, or however long we decide we NEED to be able to refer to them for guidance if forever is too long.

Reports that are still being discussed float to the top of that forum, even if action has already been taken
That is also true for XF's Report Center when reports with new/recent comments still appear on the main Reports Center page

Experimenting with XF's report system, there's no visible "Big Picture" of closed reports.
Is there a way to browse all closed reports
You just need to click the 'Closed Reports' button, which will show those closed within the last week. Then click 'Older' to allow you to page through past reports by weekly timeframe.

I haven't been able to find any information about how XF's report system works, or any settings related to it.
https://xenforo.com/community/threads/reporting-improvements.49338/

Additionally, https://xenforo.com/community/resources/report-improvements-by-xon.4345/ is likely to be of interest.

Reactions: Xon
You just need to click the 'Closed Reports' button, which will show those closed within the last week. Then click 'Older' to allow you to page through past reports by weekly timeframe.
Thanks, I'm looking into the add-ons you suggested.

I didn't see a "Closed Reports" button when there were no recently closed reports - so I couldn't browse through the older reports. Is there any way to increase that 1-week timeout? Or to see ALL reports, recent or not, in the same list?

It's probably impossible to go a week without any closed reports, so it might not be as big a problem after we go live.

Last edited:
Top Bottom