• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[bd] Widget Framework

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am having a problem. After I upgrade to 1.04 I can't see one of my active widgets in the list and it won't show up if I try to find it in the filter either. I would like to edit the widget but it isn't listed in the admin area :( When a widget is created, is it stored in the database or is a file created? I need to find a way to edit the widget... kinda difficult when I can't seem to find it.

Is it listed as Forum Statics by chance and actually shows recent posted threads? I have been delaying an upgrade to 1.0.4 because of the issue I describe.

I am having a problem. After I upgrade to 1.04 I can't see one of my active widgets in the list and it won't show up if I try to find it in the filter either. I would like to edit the widget but it isn't listed in the admin area :( When a widget is created, is it stored in the database or is a file created? I need to find a way to edit the widget... kinda difficult when I can't seem to find it.

If anyone else is still having this problem I found a work around where I was seeing it. It seemed that a secondary widget was somehow being attached to a current widget and it had to do with the display order somehow, so if there is a widget that you can't seem to administer try changing display order of the item previous to the one that is being duplicated to something other than what it is. In my case changing the position from 3 to 4 fixed it, though that might not work for you who knows. :P It seems that it probably has to do with overlapping display orders and/or disabled widgets in the list still from what I can tell though.

The thread new replys does not pull gravatar's (also seems to be pulling the Thread posters avatar not the replyer)

Server Error

call_user_func(WidgetFramework_Installer::install) [function.call-user-func]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
  2. call_user_func() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 214
  3. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 169
  4. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 180
  5. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstall() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  6. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  7. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/strain/public_html/forums/admin.php at line 13

Server Error

call_user_func(WidgetFramework_Installer::install) [function.call-user-func]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
  2. call_user_func() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 214
  3. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 169
  4. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 180
  5. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstall() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  6. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  7. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/strain/public_html/forums/admin.php at line 13

Please upload the files/directories before import the xml file

Small bug report with the threads widget (have seen this using the newest threads option for specifically selected forums, haven't with others, though that is likely just chance) but deleted threads (soft deletes) will show up in the thread listing for non-admins.

didn't work
i need to find the widget hook in put in the ad_sidebar_top template
do you know where it is?

didn't work
i need to find the widget hook in put in the ad_sidebar_top template
do you know where it is?
Ah, you want to make it above the signed in / sign up bits? It's not possible right now, sorry. Anyway, there is an in-development feature which allow you to hide the signed in / sign up thing... I will think about ad_sidebar_top

i want to keep everything and just be able to put some widgets on top of the sidebar
thnx for looking into it

I think it sould be a link to /online/ page on the online users widget title, like xenporta widget.

And i don't understand how can i build a widget with tabs. What should i add to "Tab Group:" box?

I think it sould be a link to /online/ page on the online users widget title, like xenporta widget.

And i don't understand how can i build a widget with tabs. What should i add to "Tab Group:" box?
Say you want widget A and widget B to be in the same tab, you should enter the same thing into "Tab Group" of both Widget A and Widget B. A simple word like "tab-1" will work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom