Resource icon

[bd] Tag Me for XenForo 1.3 3.2.0

No permission to download
Yes, I see that it wasn't removed for you. I have no idea what happened between yesterday and today. This must be one of those situations when you call tech support, and their very presence makes the system start working again.

Where's the sheepish smiley? :)
Haha, true. Happens everytime ;)

This is by design. Normally username doesn't contain that characters so in order to optimize the tagging process and minimizing performance impact, this add-on ignore that kind of characters (and a lot more). Actually if the username is abc[def], it's possible for the add-on to figure out the username but for [abc]def, it's out of luck.

Is there anyway to include the "[" as a starting point so you can tag users with the example name of: [SHO] User1

Reason I ask is a lot of clans use that for their clan tag, I'd love to use this but the majority of tagging would be names consisting of the opening bracket.

Can you send me your site info via PC? I will come by and see. Thanks

We are also getting this error on our site. I translated the phrase, but it's basically the same error as the notification simply doesn't replace the {name} .

4237346_114263503_6595614.jpg

Would apppreciate any adivce! Keep up the good work! Great addon! :)

Edit: I feel stupid. I went back to check the phrase. The original one said {username}, the translated one {name}. Changed this back to {username} and it now works again. Not sure what happend since this previously worked just fine.

1. no alerts are being generated.
2. addon autocompletes with small avatar only as there is no text being written

Don't know if this has been suggested before but I thought this could be a worthwile addition: Replace the functionality of the reply links with the tagging system and add a link that allows people to quote posts.

Bottom of the postbit could look something like:

#184 Like Quote Reply

Meaning: If I click "reply" on the above post instead of "quote" @masterchief is tagged, if I click on the new "quote" link the reply contains the quote as by xenforo default. If something about my explanation is unclear and you want me to illustrate what I mean let me know.

Don't know if this has been suggested before but I thought this could be a worthwile addition: Replace the functionality of the reply links with the tagging system and add a link that allows people to quote posts.

Bottom of the postbit could look something like:

#184 Like Quote Reply

Meaning: If I click "reply" on the above post instead of "quote" @masterchief is tagged, if I click on the new "quote" link the reply contains the quote as by xenforo default. If something about my explanation is unclear and you want me to illustrate what I mean let me know.
I don't see the point of this because when you quote a post, the poster will receive an alert. That's pretty much the same with this add-on.

1. no alerts are being generated.
2. addon autocompletes with small avatar only as there is no text being written
1. Can you tag? (After posting, the @user appears as a link).
2. I don't understand?

Edit: I feel stupid. I went back to check the phrase. The original one said {username}, the translated one {name}. Changed this back to {username} and it now works again. Not sure what happend since this previously worked just fine.
Oh, this is partially my fault because I had to change the phrase to match the alert handler :(

For any people having this issue, please make sure your translation of the phrase phrase "bdtagme_x_tagged_you_in_post_y" contains {username} not {name}

Is there anyway to include the "[" as a starting point so you can tag users with the example name of: [SHO] User1

Reason I ask is a lot of clans use that for their clan tag, I'd love to use this but the majority of tagging would be names consisting of the opening bracket.
Next version will support [ and ] ;)

I don't see the point of this because when you quote a post, the poster will receive an alert. That's pretty much the same with this add-on.
The reason for it is not so much that the user gets notified, that indeed doesn't change. It's rather to encourage tagging over quotes, it's cleaner and more pleasant to read, especially when quoted messages are very long. quotes have their use, but often 20+ lines of texts are quoted with a one line reply afterwards.

The reason for it is not so much that the user gets notified, that indeed doesn't change. It's rather to encourage tagging over quotes, it's cleaner and more pleasant to read, especially when quoted messages are very long. quotes have their use, but often 20+ lines of texts are quoted with a one line reply afterwards.
Of course with long quote, I often edit it to make it short and clean but I always prefer quote because you will get a little context with the quoted text. Also, you will have a very useful link to get back to the original post. One more reason I can think of is members may get confused because there are 2 types of responses to a post. So for now, this feature will not be implemented. I will keep track of it, if there are enough people requesting it, it may get considered again. Please don't take this personally :)

Of course with long quote, I often edit it to make it short and clean but I always prefer quote because you will get a little context with the quoted text.
You, I and many others are savvy enough to format quotes / trim the unnecessary content, bear in mind however that many do not.
Also, you will have a very useful link to get back to the original post.
Just brainstorming, but I figure that is something that could replace the current user profile link, or alternatively add the post permalink to the @ symbol.
One more reason I can think of is members may get confused because there are 2 types of responses to a post. So for now, this feature will not be implemented. I will keep track of it, if there are enough people requesting it, it may get considered again. Please don't take this personally :)
No offense taken, I was merely broaching an idea --If you're not warming up to it I can only but hope you at some point will.

Version 1.4.4.1 is available. Get it in the RM ;)

Very nice work done here.

I have 2 questions:

1) Is there any way to limit the use of this to specific usergroups?

2) May I ask what happens if you choose to discontinue the use of this add-on (or XF develops its own at some point). Is there anything done upon uninstall that allows for the posts that contain the "tagging" to still have the tags that remain at least linked to the persons profile (even though you'd lose future alerts and such)? I was curious if I direct a member in a post to someone to discuss something with, and for some reason had to uninstall this at a later date and having it be an invalid link or no link at all for future readers?

Thanks for any clarification you can provide on this.

you mean 1.4.4.2
1.4.4.2 is actually a minor bug fix for 1.4.4.1 :P

Very nice work done here.

I have 2 questions:

1) Is there any way to limit the use of this to specific usergroups?

2) May I ask what happens if you choose to discontinue the use of this add-on (or XF develops its own at some point). Is there anything done upon uninstall that allows for the posts that contain the "tagging" to still have the tags that remain at least linked to the persons profile (even though you'd lose future alerts and such)? I was curious if I direct a member in a post to someone to discuss something with, and for some reason had to uninstall this at a later date and having it be an invalid link or no link at all for future readers?

Thanks for any clarification you can provide on this.
1) There is no way to do it now. Considering that tagging doesn't cost so much (in term of performance) + the feature is widely adopted in many popular sites, I think it's should be available to everyone
2) You will have problem if you uninstall the add-on because the [USER] bb code tag will not be rendered properly. You can run a regex replace to remove the tags though...

Top Bottom