[bd] Social Share [Deleted]

So i have created a brand new app and set it to read/write.
Do I need to set it to enable sign in with Twitter?

What oath settings do I need?

These are the server errors I see in the log

ErrorException: Undefined index: oauth_token - library/Social/Extra/twitteroauth/twitteroauth.php:80
ErrorException: Undefined index: oauth_token_secret - library/Social/Extra/twitteroauth/twitteroauth.php:80

My consumer key and secret are definitely correct and my app is set to read/write

Could there be a clash with Friends Inviter here?
I have one twitter app for that which is read only (works fine) and I have created another one for Social Share as read/write(doesn't work).

There never seems to be a decent set of instructions for creating these applications so here goes for the Twitter app:

1) go here https://dev.twitter.com
2) go to 'my applications' (you will need to be signed in to Twitter and the link is via the drop down on the top right)
3) click 'create a new application' button
4) give your app a name and description, enter your website URL and also put your URL in the 'Callback URL' field
5) agree to the ts & cs and enter the CAPTCHA words
6) once clicked through you come to the app details screen
7) now click on Settings
8) select Read and Write as the Application Type
9) select Allow this application to be used to sign in with Twitter
10) click update the Twitter applications settings (note after clicking the new settings will only show up when you click off the Settings tab and back again
11) click back to details
12) at the bottom of the screen click Creat my access token
13) note down your Consumer Key and Consumer Secret (NOT access token or access token secret)
14) add Consumer Key and Consumer Secret to your Xenforo options via the ACP

Thats it - it is what I did to get this add on working with Twitter and in my view should be part of the instructions for this add on.

There never seems to be a decent set of instructions for creating these applications so here goes for the Twitter app:

1) go here https://dev.twitter.com
2) go to 'my applications' (you will need to be signed in to Twitter and the link is via the drop down on the top right)
3) click 'create a new application' button
4) give your app a name and description, enter your website URL and also put your URL in the 'Callback URL' field
5) agree to the ts & cs and enter the CAPTCHA words
6) once clicked through you come to the app details screen
7) now click on Settings
8) select Read and Write as the Application Type
9) select Allow this application to be used to sign in with Twitter
10) click update the Twitter applications settings (note after clicking the new settings will only show up when you click off the Settings tab and back again
11) click back to details
12) at the bottom of the screen click Creat my access token
13) note down your Consumer Key and Consumer Secret (NOT access token or access token secret)
14) add Consumer Key and Consumer Secret to your Xenforo options via the ACP

Thats it - it is what I did to get this add on working with Twitter and in my view should be part of the instructions for this add on.
Well, the instruction is in the Social add-on. You need to setup that add-on to work correctly. This add-on only take advantage of that add-on connections.

One thing to note though, you should use the same app for Friend Inviter and Social. For permissions, choose the higher option (read + write).

Well, the instruction is in the Social add-on. You need to setup that add-on to work correctly. This add-on only take advantage of that add-on connections.

One thing to note though, you should use the same app for Friend Inviter and Social. For permissions, choose the higher option (read + write).

Couldn't find them anywhere in enough detail to be honest, but I kind of like learning the hard way anyway:D I had to try every combination possible lol, but finally got there.

I have a different app for Friend Inviter and Social and it seems to be working - will this cause an issue?

Couldn't find them anywhere in enough detail to be honest, but I kind of like learning the hard way anyway:D I had to try every combination possible lol, but finally got there.

I have a different app for Friend Inviter and Social and it seems to be working - will this cause an issue?
You are right, I have just went and search for it and couldn't find anywhere! You definitely should post your steps to the Social discussion thread.

Using 2 apps is okie but it will cause annoyance to your users because they have to authenticate twice.

You are right, I have just went and search for it and couldn't find anywhere! You definitely should post your steps to the Social discussion thread.

Using 2 apps is okie but it will cause annoyance to your users because they have to authenticate twice.

I have combined to one app now and all working fine.

A few of things though:
  • Is there a way of defaulting to the last option for facebook... each time I post I have to select the page instead of the timeline
  • Can I change the question mark to the same as on the profile post (where it shows the page I will be posting to)
  • Where can I change the styling of the checkboxes/words... I want them a bit further away from the xenforo buttons...

I have combined to one app now and all working fine.

A few of things though:
  • Is there a way of defaulting to the last option for facebook... each time I post I have to select the page instead of the timeline
  • Can I change the question mark to the same as on the profile post (where it shows the page I will be posting to)
  • Where can I change the styling of the checkboxes/words... I want them a bit further away from the xenforo buttons...
#1, it SHOULD remember the last option. If you untick it, it will not be ticked. If you tick and select a page, it will remember the page next time.
#2, doing so will not work well when smaller screen or similar
#3, you can edit the templates, they are all starts with "bdsocialshare_"

#1, it SHOULD remember the last option. If you untick it, it will not be ticked. If you tick and select a page, it will remember the page next time.
#2, doing so will not work well when smaller screen or similar
#3, you can edit the templates, they are all starts with "bdsocialshare_"

#1 mine defaults back every time.
#2 perhaps moving to underneath the xenforo buttons? Is it easy to move them via css? (linked to #3 I guess)
#3 thanks, will try

#1 mine defaults back every time.
#2 perhaps moving to underneath the xenforo buttons? Is it easy to move them via css? (linked to #3 I guess)
#3 thanks, will try
#1 is strange, I will need to borrow your account to perform a few test. Please start a conversation with me.
#2, yes, should be easy because there are a lot of CSS class to use.

I am not sure, if that is possible, but this case happened last time to us. We made a thread in a private thread. We made sure everything is perfect and it is ready to go to our news forum. From news forum all threads goes automatically to our facebok page. We then moved the thread from our private forum to our news forum, but the thread didn't go automatically to our facebook page. Would it be possible to post it to facebook page even in case, when the thread is moved to forum, from where the threads automatically goes to facebook page?

I am not sure, if that is possible, but this case happened last time to us. We made a thread in a private thread. We made sure everything is perfect and it is ready to go to our news forum. From news forum all threads goes automatically to our facebok page. We then moved the thread from our private forum to our news forum, but the thread didn't go automatically to our facebook page. Would it be possible to post it to facebook page even in case, when the thread is moved to forum, from where the threads automatically goes to facebook page?
First, this is by design.
Second, I think the answer to your question is yes. But I will have to check a few other things before implementing it.

May happen if the forum is configured to auto-share and user also tick the box to share to the same plage? Likely if user is a Facebook Page admin.

Shouldn't user have option to post it to their timelines instead of sharing it to same page . I think thats what happening making double post . The mod will automatic make the post on facebook site page but the user part should be posted on their own Timeline (This is what another one used to do ) and is pretty awesome that always brings in more traffic.

Having threads shared twice on page looks like spam.

Shouldn't user have option to post it to their timelines instead of sharing it to same page . I think thats what happening making double post . The mod will automatic make the post on facebook site page but the user part should be posted on their own Timeline (This is what another one used to do ) and is pretty awesome that always brings in more traffic.

Having threads shared twice on page looks like spam.
What you said is the way it is designed: auto-share to site page, user-share to his/her timeline.

However, a page admin can choose to share to the page instead of his/her timeline. That will cause double share (one because of auto-share, one for user-share).

What you said is the way it is designed: auto-share to site page, user-share to his/her timeline.

However, a page admin can choose to share to the page instead of his/her timeline. That will cause double share (one because of auto-share, one for user-share).

Ermm where do i enable disable that ? so it will work like that .

Thanks

What do you want to disable? Allowing user to choose their Facebook Page as a target?

Well i want this system to make only one post on my facebook page timeline , if the user has connected profile to their facebook instead of making double post it should be able to make another post on their own timeline instead of page as well .

Well i want this system to make only one post on my facebook page timeline , if the user has connected profile to their facebook instead of making double post it should be able to make another post on their own timeline instead of page as well .
It works that way out of the box (auto-share to page, user-share to timeline).

But user can choose to share to their own page (unrelated to site page). So to prevent double share, just tell your page admin do not choose the page as their target.

Looking through this, I'm curious as to how content is shared here.
Is this sharing content like:
user performed 'action' (create thread, reply, etc) - see 'url'

or is this sharing content like:
user performed action (create thread, reply, etc), here's the full content, and see 'url'
I'm looking for something that's going to do the first, rather than the second, because I'll be pushing out a good bit of content over the next few days, weeks, months, and expect users to do the same. The problem? Much of this content will be hidden behind spoiler tags, as it's TV/media related. I can't have this content just blown everywhere, it'd be a bad thing for sure.

Looking through this, I'm curious as to how content is shared here.
Is this sharing content like:
user performed 'action' (create thread, reply, etc) - see 'url'

or is this sharing content like:
user performed action (create thread, reply, etc), here's the full content, and see 'url'
I'm looking for something that's going to do the first, rather than the second, because I'll be pushing out a good bit of content over the next few days, weeks, months, and expect users to do the same. The problem? Much of this content will be hidden behind spoiler tags, as it's TV/media related. I can't have this content just blown everywhere, it'd be a bad thing for sure.

It is the later. However, the built-in text formatter is used so if your spoiler tag is implemented correctly, it will not show up in the content snippet.

Top Bottom