[bd] Social Share [Deleted]

Ok,I'll just look elsewhere then.
I'm using bbcode to implement this, honestly, it is impossible apparently to find a properly designed plugin to do this.

Ok,I'll just look elsewhere then.
I'm using bbcode to implement this, honestly, it is impossible apparently to find a properly designed plugin to do this.
It's just as simple as render *censored* for the text version of the spoiler tag. Which add-on are you using for spoiler?

It's just as simple as render *censored* for the text version of the spoiler tag. Which add-on are you using for spoiler?
There's really more to it than that.
Sending the entire content over to Facebook does nothing to get action back on the site. Sending a reduced version does
Sending the entire content, with spoiler tags over to Facebook (that's really all it is, just a spoiler tag), well, that's just wrong, but that can be avoided if the full content of the action (thread, reply, etc) is not sent over to FB

There's really more to it than that.
Sending the entire content over to Facebook does nothing to get action back on the site. Sending a reduced version does
Sending the entire content, with spoiler tags over to Facebook (that's really all it is, just a spoiler tag), well, that's just wrong, but that can be avoided if the full content of the action (thread, reply, etc) is not sent over to FB
Oh, I think you understand it a bit incorrectly. Only a snippet of the content is sent to Facebook. Like your thread has 1000 words, then only the first 100 words (or less) will be visible.

yes.. to both
Then those log entries are expected.
  • They mean people checked the box without connecting their Facebook first. Those people will see the recovery notice and will be able to quickly connect to Facebook from there.
  • Normally, the log entries will not saved but if you have debug mode on, it will be saved to the database.
All in all, this is normal.

another issue... when a new thread is created i get this
There has been some problem publishing your share recently. Click here to try again or dismiss.

now if i click to try again.. it goes to twitter and gets redirected BUT the previous admin account is logged out and my twitter account is logged into the forum. I must clarify: I am using an admin account A.. when i click on "try again" link in the error message.. it goes to twitter and gets redirected.. but now A is logged out and my site's twitter account B is logged in automatically.

Both A and B has accounts in my site. So it looks like when B's twitter account is logged in the browser.. A gets logged out automatically. How can i prevent this

@xfrocks

just found out the social share buttons are misaligned in profile page... can we do somthing about this?

View attachment 57134
Looks like a conflict with your style. Please start a conversation with me with your site address, I will give you the CSS rule to correct it.

another issue... when a new thread is created i get this

now if i click to try again.. it goes to twitter and gets redirected BUT the previous admin account is logged out and my twitter account is logged into the forum. I must clarify: I am using an admin account A.. when i click on "try again" link in the error message.. it goes to twitter and gets redirected.. but now A is logged out and my site's twitter account B is logged in automatically.

Both A and B has accounts in my site. So it looks like when B's twitter account is logged in the browser.. A gets logged out automatically. How can i prevent this
This is by design. When you are logged in as A in XenForo and choose to share a thread, the add-on will try to tweet with Twitter account A. But for some reason, it failed and the notice appears. When you click that link, you will be redirected to Twitter to grant any missing permission for the add-on to post the thread. But because your browser is logged in with Twitter account B, when Twitter redirect you back to XenForo, XenForo account B will be logged in instead.

In your situation, you need to go to Twitter and log out of Twitter account B. Then go to XenForo, login as XenForo account A. You will see the notice. Please click it, then login to Twitter with Twitter account A. You will be redirected back to XenForo with the correct account (XenForo account A). The thread should be tweeted and the notice should go away.

Problem: if i add a new thread without attached picture, then on facebook timeline is published a random image of my homepage :(
in my example there is shown the ad banner on fb:
Create Thread  Surfbasar - Mozilla Firefox_2013-09-30_23-09-01.webp Rainu Freu Di - Mozilla Firefox_2013-09-30_23-09-29.webp

Next Problem:
Usergroup: Unregistered / Unconfirmed
a.webp
no link to publish on facebook when i add a new thread (Support `Thread Create` is enabled!):
b.webp

Problem: if i add a new thread without attached picture, then on facebook timeline is published a random image of my homepage :(
in my example there is shown the ad banner on fb:
View attachment 57755 View attachment 57756
Because you have no image, Facebook picks one automatically. We cannot prevent that (we can only force an image to be used, but when there is none...)

Next Problem:
Usergroup: Unregistered / Unconfirmed
View attachment 57758
no link to publish on facebook when i add a new thread (Support `Thread Create` is enabled!):
View attachment 57759
XenForo doesn't support guest authentication via external site so the buttons won't show up for guests.

Top Bottom