[bd] Social Share [Deleted]

Guess i'm doing something wrong.

I installed the latest version of social share To get twitter integration. I used the file linked in the post above, created a new twitter app, but when i try and associate my twitter account with my site, I see, Associated Twitter Account: Unknown Account.

I do see the tick boxes for Facebook, and Twitter below posts etc, but when ticked, nothing goes through to twitter.

What have I missed?

Guess i'm doing something wrong.

I installed the latest version of social share To get twitter integration. I used the file linked in the post above, created a new twitter app, but when i try and associate my twitter account with my site, I see, Associated Twitter Account: Unknown Account.

I do see the tick boxes for Facebook, and Twitter below posts etc, but when ticked, nothing goes through to twitter.

What have I missed?
The unknown account text is a bug (or feature?) of that add-on. I'll provide a fix someday...

Regarding no tweet shared. Did you see the recover link at the top of the page? Tried clicking it?

@xfrocks I am here again :)

1. I really want to ask you again by default to have the option to post to facebook unticked. The reason is below.

2. I am not sure if it is a bug, but other staff member has not associated his facebook account to his xenforo account. But when he makes a post and he forgot to untick the box, then his post is automatically posted to facebook site. The worst thing is, it is not even the forum, where threads are automatically posted to facebook site, where he is making posts. He is only making posts (not creating threads) and all his posts are going to our facebook site, when he forgets to untick the post to facebook option. Not sure where the problem is, but I don't really like it this way :confused:

Last edited:
@xfrocks I am here again :)

1. I really want to ask you again by default to have the option to post to facebook unticked. The reason is in below.

2. I am not sure if it is a bug, but other staff member has not associated his facebook account to his xenforo account. But when he makes a post and he forgot to untick the box, then his post is automatically posted to facebook site. The worst thing is, it is not even the forum, where threads are automatically posted to facebook site, where he is making posts. He is only making posts (not creating threads) and all his posts are going to our facebook site, when he forgets to untick the post to facebook option. Not sure where the problem is, but I don't really like it this way :confused:
The check box should remain unchecked until user tick it again. The behavior you mentioned sounds like a bug. Please start a conversation with me regarding this.

In one session, it is ok, but I usually make one post, then come back to the site after a while and it is ticked again. So it is really just temporary solution which is in place now I guess.

In one session, it is ok, but I usually make one post, then come back to the site after a while and it is ticked again. So it is really just temporary solution which is in place now I guess.
The tick/untick thing is stored in the database so it SHOULD work across session. Please test this by untick the checkbox. Open a new incognito window, login again and check if the checkbox is ticked.

Ok after trying this out. One crucial feature missing. If you mention someone in your post to your wall or group, it doesn't tag them as a mention on facebook to alert them you mentioned them.

Ok after trying this out. One crucial feature missing. If you mention someone in your post to your wall or group, it doesn't tag them as a mention on facebook to alert them you mentioned them.
Haven't seen that anywhere. Not even sure if that's possible. Have you seen that in some site?

Trying to add twitter to autoshare..

Whoa there!
There is no request token for this page. That's the special key we need from applications asking to use your Twitter account. Please go back to the site or application that sent you here and try again; it was probably just a mistake.

Trying to add twitter to autoshare..

Whoa there!
There is no request token for this page. That's the special key we need from applications asking to use your Twitter account. Please go back to the site or application that sent you here and try again; it was probably just a mistake.
Where did you see that? Please make sure you setup the key and secret correctly. Please consult the Social add-on instruction or start a conversation with me.

Threads created are not appearing on my Twitter even though Twitter is checked off in the thread and the auto share is configured

Options[bd]SocialShare.webp

Can I suggest a feature? Optional per-forum prefixes for auto posted / tweeted threads.

So for example the Small ads forum threads might get a "New Ad:" prefix when shared; Events forum threads get a "New Event: prefix"; everything else gets "New Thread:"

Top Bottom