[bd] Social Share [Deleted]

Thanks for this, mate! Will try later.

For now, I can build a list of features that might comme in future versions, if you need any inspiration to improve the addon:
  • Xentag integration (option to share the tags as hashtags) option
  • Link Encutator URL integration ( so for Twitter, for example, it would share a bit.ly URL).
  • Google+ Sharing Option
  • Image attachment on post. Keep the sharing structure ( Tittle + text) but posting the attached image of the thread as a photo om facebook (I don't really know if its possible atm)

Even without any new implementation for a so long time, Im here to show a thread creation form field that I found recently. It would be really nice to see implemented on this addon.

upload_2014-12-22_15-47-48.webp

@xfrocks

Auto-Sharing New Threads to our FB page and Twitter account:
One of the issue we are facing in the above is that users often share a topic which we as a website will not like to share on our official social media account.... we can always disable the feature like we have been doing.. but this has dropped our social media interaction..

If you could implement a moderating queue so that when users create a new thread it gets in the moderating queue to share to Facebook... and a moderator can give the final pass. We are scared because few mischievous users might share indecent topics which may get published in our offficial social media accounts.. I hope i am making sense :)

@xfrocks Very interested in this mod, however just noticed this comment in the reviews:

I had to change to Friendly URL's to get the FB integration working correctly but that's no bad thing.

I can't get friendly URL's to work on my site, so use the conventional method. Does that mean this mod wont work for me?

Last edited:
Hi @xfrocks I'm starting to go a little nuts here. The auto share works fine if I set it for all forums in the options but If I set it in the node tree it says I have no facebook accounts: No Facebook Pages found under your Facebook account. You can try to authenticate again and reload this page to refresh the data,Click Here. If I click it I get a new page but no joy. The option version sees the facebook page and it can be selected. What am I miss and being stupid over....

Many thanks

When i post a resource on Facebook, i see on facebook page my username + "created" + resource title

Is it possible to remove the username and "created"? I want to just show the title.

Does this add-on add the required FB tags in the header on every thread such that an image in the thread will get pulled by FB?

Hey @xfrocks any update on possible support for bitly links with Twitter? It's great to get stats on what links are generated clicks from Twitter, etc.

@xfrocks

Auto-Sharing New Threads to our FB page and Twitter account:
One of the issue we are facing in the above is that users often share a topic which we as a website will not like to share on our official social media account.... we can always disable the feature like we have been doing.. but this has dropped our social media interaction..

If you could implement a moderating queue so that when users create a new thread it gets in the moderating queue to share to Facebook... and a moderator can give the final pass. We are scared because few mischievous users might share indecent topics which may get published in our offficial social media accounts.. I hope i am making sense :)
I see your point. This feature has been in the todo list for awhile. I hope to push it out in the next version.

@xfrocks Very interested in this mod, however just noticed this comment in the reviews:

I can't get friendly URL's to work on my site, so use the conventional method. Does that mean this mod wont work for me?
Strange. It should work without friendly URL. I haven't talked to @Jon Naylor about this yet though...

When i post a resource on Facebook, i see on facebook page my username + "created" + resource title

Is it possible to remove the username and "created"? I want to just show the title.
Yes, you can change the way it is posted to Facebook by translating add-on phrases. In this particular case, the phrase is "bdsocialshare_user_text_thread_auto".

Does this add-on add the required FB tags in the header on every thread such that an image in the thread will get pulled by FB?
This add-on does not do that. XenForo has the meta tags already. This add-on does have an option to render those meta tags even for access denied threads though.

Most excellent. Any plans on adding Google+ or is that considered a dead social network these days?
It is planned but Google+ api is still readonly for now. Considering that their leader left the company and Google's lost focus on the social network, I'm not sure whether they will ever add write access to the api. But when it does, this add-on sure will make use of that.
Hey @xfrocks any update on possible support for bitly links with Twitter? It's great to get stats on what links are generated clicks from Twitter, etc.
This has been implemented and should be available in the next release :)

@xfrocks Could you please to add the ability of giving points/credits to user with this scenario:
1. Give 10 Points if user shared new thread.
2. Give 5 points if user shared a post.
3. Give 1 point if user shared his status.
I want to buy this add on if you could make it happen. Thanks!

Quick question. Can you configure this mod to work with multiple twitter accounts.

Basically if I have a forum called say Pogs and I want to push it to twitter or facebook account that is dedicated to pogs and then another forum called Marbles and I want to push it to a twitter or facebook account dedicated to Marbles, is it setup to do this?

Top Bottom