• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[bd] Rotating Ads

Status
Not open for further replies.

xfrocks

This add-on has been submitted to RM: http://xenforo.com/community/resources/bd-rotating-ads.292/. You should go to the RM to get the latest version. And please do not post to this thread any more. Thank you.

Today I got this little goodie to share: Rotating Ads :)

As the name suggested, it allows you to rotate your ads randomly in all XenForo's hook positions. If you don't know what a hook is, no worry because the addon comes with a list of common positions so you can choose instead of find it our yourself.

Cool features (in my opinion)
  • Allow you to specify any number of ads for each position. If there are more items configured for the position, they will be randomly selected
  • Provide a special position: second post. Imaging you have a virtual post after the first post of all threads ;)
  • Support Widget Framework. If you happen to install Rotating Ads with Widget Framework, you will have 2 additional widgets to choose (use wrapper or not). You can create multiple widgets with different position codes to display different sets of ads in different pages. Note: this addon can work independently without Widget Framework.
Hope you like it :D

Attachments

I was waiting for Lawrence update his add-on so that there would no longer any edits required. But look at that :D Thanks xfrocks as always for the awesome add-ons :D

PS: I wouldn't want to do this here but I can't get a hold of you for couple of weeks xfrocks. Would you be so kind and check your message box ?

Thank you.

Do the ads rotate in position... or is it a situation where they only rotate on a new page load?

Can't wait to view the screen shots.

Going to test it out after you uploaded a few of 'em, ;) .

Does this addon support google adsense?
It supports all kind of HTML. Google Adsense of course.

Question: Is it possible to place ads right beside the sidebar?
You can use the position named "Sidebar Bottom" in the drop down menu. Or you can use the Widget Framework's renderer to have more freedom to place it yourself.

Expire Date doesn't seem to work in this addon...FYI
How did you test it? I changed the system clock to test and it worked. Please confirm? :)

Is possible to change name and avatar in "second post" ads?

View attachment 14857
It's current not possible to change the avatar but you can change the name. It's a phrase "rotating_ads_second_poster"

I am probably asking a dumb question but what is different between this and XenAms?
I don't follow recent development of XenAMS but this addon does not solely for focus on banner like XenAMS. It provide an easy way for admins to add whatever type of ads to places in the forums. I have sponsors who want to put flash banner, no problem with this addon. I have others who want to embed a script, no problem either. The admins can also easily set an expire date to let the ads destroy itself when the contract ends (like 1 month or 3). TL;DR: this addon provides simplicity. The goal is slightly different from XenAMS.

What position would this be:

wzsGi.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom