[bd] Push Notification [Deleted]

This is correct.
Thank you. According to pushover, each Pushover API Key is capable of sending 7,500 messages per month for free. After that time, no more alerts will be sent to your users until the limit resets or you purchase additional messages. Additional messages are charged at 50 USD per 10,000. These never expire and will continue to rollover until used completely.

Wow..I guess i have to sell this idea to users on the forum:)

Another question - Do i have to download pushover and pushbullet for this add on to work? or either of the two?

Thank you. According to pushover, each Pushover API Key is capable of sending 7,500 messages per month for free. After that time, no more alerts will be sent to your users until the limit resets or you purchase additional messages. Additional messages are charged at 50 USD per 10,000. These never expire and will continue to rollover until used completely.

Wow..I guess i have to sell this idea to users on the forum:)
Yes. For large site, probably you should only enable it for premium user groups.

Another question - Do i have to download pushover and pushbullet for this add on to work? or either of the two?
You can setup one of them or both of them. They are independent from each other.

I just installed, and set up Pushbullet. I got a push notification from my forum (it works!), but the link for the notification opens up in pushbullet's integrated browser. This seems to be a problem, because for example I always use iOS Safari (and am logged in via safari), but when routed to pushbullet's browser, I'm not logged in. So user has to be logged in via two different browsers...

I just installed, and set up Pushbullet. I got a push notification from my forum (it works!), but the link for the notification opens up in pushbullet's integrated browser. This seems to be a problem, because for example I always use iOS Safari (and am logged in via safari), but when routed to pushbullet's browser, I'm not logged in. So user has to be logged in via two different browsers...
I think they have an option for that?

I think they have an option for that?

Ahh yes in the iOS app there is an option to "open links in chrome" It doesn't seem to actually work though. Will keep playing around with it.

Is there a way to change the alert text? Currently the alerts don't get much useful text in:
image.webp

Sorry I'm a push newbie, but this will go a long way towards tapatalk independence :)

Ahh yes in the iOS app there is an option to "open links in chrome" It doesn't seem to actually work though. Will keep playing around with it.

Is there a way to change the alert text? Currently the alerts don't get much useful text in:
View attachment 91885

Sorry I'm a push newbie, but this will go a long way towards tapatalk independence :)

Yes you can change the text when you edit the phrase In the acp

View attachment 91885

You can change how it is pushed by editing the template "bdpushover_title_for_alert" and "bdpushover_url_title" or the phrases within those templates.

This is working wonderfully so far. Just one error, single instance:

Code:
ErrorException: Argument 1 passed to bdPushover_Helper_Alert::_getMessageFromTemplate() must be an instance of bdPushover_Simulation_Template, null given, called in /home/talkbass/html/library/bdPushover/Helper/Alert.php on line 281 and defined - library/bdPushover/Helper/Alert.php:328
Generated By: Unknown Account, Today at 12:51 PM
Stack Trace
#0 /home/talkbass/html/library/bdPushover/Helper/Alert.php(328): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(4096, 'Argument 1 pass...', '/home/talkbass/...', 328, Array)
#1 /home/talkbass/html/library/bdPushover/Helper/Alert.php(281): bdPushover_Helper_Alert::_getMessageFromTemplate(NULL, Array, Array)
#2 /home/talkbass/html/library/bdPushover/Model/PushQueue.php(91): bdPushover_Helper_Alert::work2_send(Array)
#3 /home/talkbass/html/library/bdPushover/Deferred/PushQueue.php(10): bdPushover_Model_PushQueue->runQueue(7.9999990463257)
#4 /home/talkbass/html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(256): bdPushover_Deferred_PushQueue->execute(Array, Array, 7.9999990463257, '')
#5 /home/talkbass/html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(390): XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred(Array, 7.9999990463257, '', false)
#6 /home/talkbass/html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(335): XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal(Array, NULL, '', false)
#7 /home/talkbass/html/deferred.php(23): XenForo_Model_Deferred->run(false)
#8 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(36) "http://www.talkbass.com/deferred.php"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(4) {
["_xfRequestUri"] => string(49) "/conversations/fender-classic-50s-p-neck.4862756/"
["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
}
}

This is working wonderfully so far. Just one error, single instance:

Code:
ErrorException: Argument 1 passed to bdPushover_Helper_Alert::_getMessageFromTemplate() must be an instance of bdPushover_Simulation_Template, null given, called in /home/talkbass/html/library/bdPushover/Helper/Alert.php on line 281 and defined - library/bdPushover/Helper/Alert.php:328
Generated By: Unknown Account, Today at 12:51 PM
Stack Trace
#0 /home/talkbass/html/library/bdPushover/Helper/Alert.php(328): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(4096, 'Argument 1 pass...', '/home/talkbass/...', 328, Array)
#1 /home/talkbass/html/library/bdPushover/Helper/Alert.php(281): bdPushover_Helper_Alert::_getMessageFromTemplate(NULL, Array, Array)
#2 /home/talkbass/html/library/bdPushover/Model/PushQueue.php(91): bdPushover_Helper_Alert::work2_send(Array)
#3 /home/talkbass/html/library/bdPushover/Deferred/PushQueue.php(10): bdPushover_Model_PushQueue->runQueue(7.9999990463257)
#4 /home/talkbass/html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(256): bdPushover_Deferred_PushQueue->execute(Array, Array, 7.9999990463257, '')
#5 /home/talkbass/html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(390): XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred(Array, 7.9999990463257, '', false)
#6 /home/talkbass/html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(335): XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal(Array, NULL, '', false)
#8 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(4) {
["_xfRequestUri"] => string(49) "/conversations/fender-classic-50s-p-neck.4862756/"
["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
}
}
When did this happen? You mentioned it occurred once, have it happened again yet?

Ah okie. That's a bit strange though so you should keep an eye on it ;)

Happened once yesterday, and once today again.

Code:
Generated By: Unknown Account, Yesterday at 9:19 PM
Stack Trace
#3 /home/talkbass/html/library/bdPushover/Deferred/PushQueue.php(10): bdPushover_Model_PushQueue->runQueue(7.9999980926514)
#4 /home/talkbass/html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(256): bdPushover_Deferred_PushQueue->execute(Array, Array, 7.9999980926514, '')
#5 /home/talkbass/html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(390): XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred(Array, 7.9999980926514, '', false)
#8 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(3) {
["_xfRequestUri"] => string(40) "/forums/for-sale-bass-guitars.126/page-5"
}
}

Code:
Generated By: Unknown Account, 42 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#3 /home/talkbass/html/library/bdPushover/Deferred/PushQueue.php(10): bdPushover_Model_PushQueue->runQueue(7.9999978542328)
#4 /home/talkbass/html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(256): bdPushover_Deferred_PushQueue->execute(Array, Array, 7.9999978542328, '')
#5 /home/talkbass/html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(390): XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred(Array, 7.9999978542328, '', false)
#8 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(3) {
["_xfRequestUri"] => string(67) "/search/3218683/?searchform=1&q=tunning+machine+replace&o=relevance"
}
}

Happened once yesterday, and once today again.

Code:
Generated By: Unknown Account, Yesterday at 9:19 PM
Stack Trace
#3 /home/talkbass/html/library/bdPushover/Deferred/PushQueue.php(10): bdPushover_Model_PushQueue->runQueue(7.9999980926514)
#4 /home/talkbass/html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(256): bdPushover_Deferred_PushQueue->execute(Array, Array, 7.9999980926514, '')
#5 /home/talkbass/html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(390): XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred(Array, 7.9999980926514, '', false)
#8 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(3) {
["_xfRequestUri"] => string(40) "/forums/for-sale-bass-guitars.126/page-5"
}
}

Code:
Generated By: Unknown Account, 42 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#3 /home/talkbass/html/library/bdPushover/Deferred/PushQueue.php(10): bdPushover_Model_PushQueue->runQueue(7.9999978542328)
#4 /home/talkbass/html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(256): bdPushover_Deferred_PushQueue->execute(Array, Array, 7.9999978542328, '')
#5 /home/talkbass/html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(390): XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred(Array, 7.9999978542328, '', false)
#8 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(3) {
["_xfRequestUri"] => string(67) "/search/3218683/?searchform=1&q=tunning+machine+replace&o=relevance"
}
}
Sorry for the late response. I have digged deeper and it looks like an issue with integration between this add-on and some other add-ons that you have. Are you using any special alert add-on? Something send alert upon certain criteria or something? On scheduled?

Ahh, ok. Let's see... we're using Chris D's Live Update... Along with a some of Waindigo addons (Warnings by Waindigo which sends a warning email). We're also running the "essentials" addons (User Essentials, Mod Essentials).. A bunch of other stuff, but can't see any others that would send alerts.

The errors come in at random times. Usually just once per day, but on Wednesday I got 3. I can't find any reason for the random times... Hmm.

Well, it's not that huge of a deal, like I said just once a day usually. Thanks :)

Top Bottom