Resource icon

[bd] Paygate: STRIPE 1.2.0

No permission to download
Anyone know how to change the button style for Stripe (I changed the phrase to say AliPay) ? I can't find it anywhere! I want it to match the default one "PAY WITH PAYPAL"

Fhsn1Xy.png

Okay so for now I'll deactivate Stripe. I don't think this is working for anyone. Basically once configured the Stripe Checkout Option doesn't appear.

According to Stripe, they are not allowing "User Upgrades" through their gateway:

Thank you for writing in to offer more context on your business. Unfortunately, after doing a second review of your account and website, it's clear that your business is facilitating the sale of items on our prohibited businesses list: https://stripe.com/prohibited_businesses

We're under very strict regulations from our banking partners that make us unable to support the sale of any item on that list, or to support any business that facilitates the sale of those items. We apologize, we wish we could continue to work with you, but I'm afraid our hands are tied in this instance. We hope you find a payments processor that better suits you and your business, and if we can help with your move to a new service in any way let us know.

Best wishes,
-Silas

I did request them to appeal this and showed them the link here but they continued repeating a similar response as seen above.

In the last four months, Stripe announced deals with all the big names: Alipay, Twitter, Apple and most recently Facebook. There is no doubt about Stripe future it seems :)

Which then

- Apple turned around and created Apple Pay a year later
- Facebook did the same thing creating Facebook Payments
- Alipay teamed up with dozens of companies not just Stripe
- Twitter I don't know enough information about so can't comment.

I get Stripe has potential but so do other companies. Turning down xenForo clients is not helping Stripes future.

Not sure if I have something not setup correctly on Stripe or with this addon. I installed the stripe addon (already have paygate installed). added the 2 keys in the stripe option page. The payments are not reoccurring (but I ran tests with and without the webhook). I get the green check at the bottom of the pop up where you enter CC #, Exp Date, etc. After it's done I get returned to the home page of our site (we have xenforo installed on xxxxx.dk/forums). The user who entered the charge does not appear on the user upgrade view users list. So not sure what I'm missing.... anybody have any ideas? Not sure if it's related to what Wesker said about STRIPE and user upgrades or not.

According to Stripe, they are not allowing "User Upgrades" through their gateway:

I did request them to appeal this and showed them the link here but they continued repeating a similar response as seen above.

I don't see "User Upgrades" in the prohibited list that you linked to. Was it listed under something else?

Reactions: HWS
I don't see "User Upgrades" in the prohibited list that you linked to. Was it listed under something else?

I haven't seen them either. We are using Stripe successfully and without problem for user upgrades.

I am trying to enable the paid user upgrades option. I am using the PayGates mod with the stripe gateway. I have added all the correct information, and enabled the upgrade. However, on the upgrade page (site/account/upgrades) nothing shows up. There is currently a "Premium grade" option that was setup by a former owner, however, it only shows some text that he setup. He wasn't actually using the upgrade system to upgrade users, the the text links to a thread where users had to PM him to get the payment details. Am I missing something? Do I have to manually setup a payment button? Do I need to create a form? Do I need to clear some cache for it to show up? I've even enabled the "can be purchased" option and nothing happens. Looking at the limited documentation it sounds like all I should have to do is enable the user upgrade and setup the gateway. Thank You.

I have discovered something when adding this to my site, where the Sptripe buttons would not appear.

If you are using your Stripe Test Keys to test your integration, you have to enable sandbox mode in the core Paygate module. This is, unfortunately, not clear in the setup.
AdminCP -> Options -> bdPaygate
Then tick the checkbox for Sandbox mode. The button will begin to appear under User Upgrades.

Notably if you check the screenshots from @KozmoK you'll see that his site is titled HackersAdvantage and his store is selling Hacks. Now, while he's clearly using this in the gamer sense, it's possible Stripe took him for a Warez site instead and consider his products to therefore be illegal.

Anyone know how to change the button style for Stripe (I changed the phrase to say AliPay) ? I can't find it anywhere! I want it to match the default one "PAY WITH PAYPAL"

@xfrocks do you have an answer to this question? I too would like the buttons to appear the same as the PayPal button, rather than bright blue :)

@xfrocks do you have an answer to this question? I too would like the buttons to appear the same as the PayPal button, rather than bright blue :)

I don't use this plugin but have integrated with stripe before. If it's using the standard stripe.js/checkout.js forms then no you can't change the buttons. Need to write a custom jquery script or something to hook into the stripe js apis if you want to user your own custom buttons. Again, just my experiences. Standard stripe forms are fairly rigid with little customization.

Sometimes accounts aren't automatically upgraded when a successful charge was made. Also, no logs in User Upgrade Transaction Log/ [bd] Paygates Logs for that transaction.

Top Bottom