• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[bd] Medal System

Another important thing is missing, We can't use the same large images in Post user info, Profile tab and Medals list page, It would be nice if you allow two size of images for each medal, one (small) for post user info and 2nd (large) for profile tab and medals list page. This is how the YAAS (vB Add-on) works.

Thanks.

What Veer said would be awesome. I'd love to have the larger image on the medals list/help page, and the profile tab. I'd like to put smaller icons between 16-20px inside the post user info.

Can we also get an admincp settable limit on how many images can be shown on the posts (like last 5 or 10 given)?

Great addon! However i prefer to insert medals in a separate page without the need of a extra tab (i want to give medals to ,0,1% of my userbase, no need to extratab to other 99,9%) and hover the left side of the profile (up the followers box in the profile). There are possible to have this in the next version?

I receive this when I click on "User Medals ([bd] Medal System)" in Import Data: vBulletin 3.7/3.8
Strange! Since in theory, the old data should be valid (without duplicated data). Anyway, I will add additional checks in next version to prevent this from happening.

I was curious and more so thinking for the futures for people with large member bases. I'm referring to the medals listing page http://www.bbsmiley.com/help/medals . I'm not sure at this moment in time (referring specifically to the "awarded Users: Member X" line. Does this display every members name that was ever awarded that specific medal? If so I sense (especially as I'm using a fixed width style) that once awards are awarded to many members this has the potential to cause large amounts of space being taken up. I'd like to suggest that it lists the last 5 or an option to list x amount so vasts amount of space isn't taken up followed by a link "see more users who are awarded this medal and an overlay box listing everyone that was ever awarded this medal. I thought I'd post the suggestion now whilst this is relatively new and many people won't have awarded so many users but once time passes more and more members will be awarded medals and the list could become huge taking up vasts amount of space and causing too much scrolling. Hopefully I explained that correctly, is this a possibility to include this? And many thanks again enjoying using this wonderful add-on. (y)

I was curious and more so thinking for the futures for people with large member bases. I'm referring to the medals listing page http://www.bbsmiley.com/help/medals . I'm not sure at this moment in time (referring specifically to the "awarded Users: Member X" line. Does this display every members name that was ever awarded that specific medal? If so I sense (especially as I'm using a fixed width style) that once awards are awarded to many members this has the potential to cause large amounts of space being taken up. I'd like to suggest that it lists the last 5 or an option to list x amount so vasts amount of space isn't taken up followed by a link "see more users who are awarded this medal and an overlay box listing everyone that was ever awarded this medal. I thought I'd post the suggestion now whilst this is relatively new and many people won't have awarded so many users but once time passes more and more members will be awarded medals and the list could become huge taking up vasts amount of space and causing too much scrolling. Hopefully I explained that correctly, is this a possibility to include this? And many thanks again enjoying using this wonderful add-on. (y)
That's true. I will add that option

Strange! Since in theory, the old data should be valid (without duplicated data). Anyway, I will add additional checks in next version to prevent this from happening.
What am I to do? The YAAS did not import properly.

I do notice that the medals get imported to 'internal_data' folder. Would it be possible to change the import to 'internal_data/medals' folder? I have a quite a few images and plan to add more. Is this a reasonable request?

Great addon! However i prefer to insert medals in a separate page without the need of a extra tab (i want to give medals to ,0,1% of my userbase, no need to extratab to other 99,9%) and hover the left side of the profile (up the followers box in the profile). There are possible to have this in the next version?

I quote me, is possible to have the medals in this position? If not, can you consider this for a future version?

Top Bottom