1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[bd] Data Storage [Paid] 1.2.1

Store data in remote servers.

1. xfrocks

xfrocks Well-Known Member

xfrocks submitted a new resource:

[bd] Data Storage - Store data in remote servers.

Read more about this resource...

thedude likes this.
  2. xfrocks

3. TheBigK

TheBigK Well-Known Member

Stupid question: The data still remains in the /data/ directory, right? So if I disable the addon at some later point; I still have everything working fine.

4. xfrocks

No, the data is not in /data/ directory. In the event you want to disable the add-on later, you will need to download your files from the remote server and put them back into the data directory (the structure is the same).

5. xfrocks

Also, when you install the add-on, you need to upload the files first. It's a step in installation instruction.

6. TheBigK

Wouldn't it be nice if a copy of the data is maintained on the server and also in S3/Cloudfront so that data isn't lost if something bad happens with the Amazon account?

Markos and drastic like this.
  7. xfrocks

Yeah, some kind of poor man backup I see. Will add it in next version.

TheBigK likes this.
  8. xfrocks

New version has been released (v1.1) with that feature ;)

drastic and TheBigK like this.
  9. TheBigK

You love money, don't you? :D

PS: On my buy list; but gotta make few urgent payments first.

10. xfrocks

Absolutely :LOL:

Paul and MattW like this.
  11. Markos

Markos Well-Known Member

There are news about this version?

12. xfrocks

Markos likes this.
  13. ogirginc

ogirginc Active Member

Hi @xfrocks purchased the add on and wanted to ask you a few questions to be sure if that is okey with you :)

1) Does this add-on work with all add-ons automatically too? I mean does it upload all data (image, video, vs. which will be uploaded by users) from lets say a blabla add-on to S3 or any other storage?
    2) Do we erase everything in 'config.php' and wrote the code you gave in it (after adding my info of course)?

14. xfrocks

1) Yes. Everything that is put into /data will be pushed to S3.
    2) No. You append that part at the end of the file.

ogirginc likes this.
  15. ogirginc

ogirginc Active Member

Thanks @xfrocks! :)

xfrocks likes this.
  16. ogirginc

ogirginc Active Member

One quick question @xfrocks! I have two similar config.php files: One of them is just 'config.php' file and the other one is 'config.php.default'. Should I edit the 'config.php.default' too or just 'config.php'?

17. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You can ignore the config.php.default file.
    It is there as a placeholder default file and isn't used.

xfrocks and ogirginc like this.
  18. ogirginc

ogirginc Active Member

19. ogirginc

ogirginc Active Member

Getting this error below while trying to upload an avatar even though I uploaded my S3 keys to cofig.php. Was I suppose to add my S3 keys elsewhere too @xfrocks?:/

Code:
    Bucket name "" contains invalid characters
    Zend_Service_Amazon_S3->_validBucketName() in Zend/Service/Amazon/S3.php at line 327
    Zend_Service_Amazon_S3->_fixupObjectName() in Zend/Service/Amazon/S3.php at line 346
    Zend_Service_Amazon_S3->getObject() in bdDataStorage/StreamWrapper/S3.php at line 108
    bdDataStorage_StreamWrapper_S3->_downloadFile() in bdDataStorage/StreamWrapper/Abstract.php at line 253
    bdDataStorage_StreamWrapper_Abstract->_tryDownloadFile() in bdDataStorage/StreamWrapper/Abstract.php at line 655
    bdDataStorage_StreamWrapper_Abstract->url_stat()
    file_exists() in XenForo/Helper/File.php at line 23
    XenForo_Helper_File::createDirectory() in XenForo/Model/Avatar.php at line 335
    XenForo_Model_Avatar->_writeAvatar() in XenForo/Model/Avatar.php at line 206
    XenForo_Model_Avatar->applyAvatar() in XenForo/Model/Avatar.php at line 69
    XenForo_Model_Avatar->uploadAvatar() in XenForo/ControllerPublic/Account.php at line 551
    XenForo_ControllerPublic_Account->actionAvatarUpload() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
    XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
    XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/bogirginc1/public_html/index.php at line 13

20. xfrocks

Looks like you configured it wrong. The library is complaining about a missing bucket name. Please share your config.php (the part for this add-on) via a conversation. I'll take a look.

ogirginc likes this.