• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[bd] Banking

Are there any plans to make the points system a little bit more dynamic, without needing to create a own option for every new area?

For example: All new threads with except of new ones in forumid 6 should get 10 points.
All new threads in forumid6 should get 20 points.

ATM i would need to create a own option(avarage joe would need to enable debug mode and most don't like to do this because they're scared that they could brake there board) and owerwrite bdBank_DataWriter_Post

Just a idea:
Why not have only 1 method, which is responsible to give the points.

So instead of
PHP:
    $point = XenForo_Application::get('bdBank')->getActionBonus('post');
                    if ($point != 0) {
                        XenForo_Application::get('bdBank')->personal()->give($user_id,$point,$this->_bdBankComment());
                    }
it could maybe be something like
PHP:
//1. new parameter in giveBonus method:
function giveBonus($action, array $data = array()){

switch $action:
case 'post':
return $this->getPostBonus($data);
break;
//

// and to give points, we only need to call giveBonus, with the optional extradata
  XenForo_Application::get('bdBank')->giveBonus('post'), $this->getMergerData();

so it would be very easy and a clean, to set individual points. (it's already possible with func_get_args, but with an own parameter and an individual method for each type, wouldn't it be cleaner?:D )

For anyone who's interested, I made it so this add-on will allow you to use Trophy Points as a currency instead of the built in currency. It works the same a before, just reads from a different field.

Then how can you know what is the update of this addon in the future if you are not the addon owner, Omnimua?

Wow great to hear that, I think you need to contact Omnimua to cooperate with him. About your option, if you use Trophy Point, when a thread or post deleted, does the Tropy Point lost, or how to enxhange Trophy Points? (I heard that Trophy Point never lost)

With the mod i did it was very simple, and it works exactly like the current add-on. I chose to set the points given for posting and liking parts of the add-on to 0, and used the built in ones from XenForo. That way the trophies will give you the correct amount of points (Because for me, people get 1 point for every 4 posts and 1 point for every 3 likes. This add-on only allows 1 as the minimum for likes and post giving points.) I also tested making posts, and deleting them and because for me, the giving posts points of this add-on is not in use, the points don't go down when removing a post. They do go down when you remove a thread which is correct, as I set that to 1 point per thread. It goes up and down correctly when it should. Donating trophy points to other users also works like a charm.

I think you need to contact Omnimua to develop this add-on with him, and find the way let staff subtract points too.

I think you need to contact Omnimua to develop this add-on with him, and find the way let staff subtract points too.

Thats the beauty of my modification, you simply go to the user in the admin cp, and subtract/add the amount of points you want. Changes are affected instantly.

Thats the beauty of my modification, you simply go to the user in the admin cp, and subtract/add the amount of points you want. Changes are affected instantly.
Yeah yeah I like this option, hope that we have the big update soon to have your great stuffs added into this add-on :P

Can you made the modification that made anyone can donate trophy points to upgrade their account. For example, they donate 100 trophy points and then their account upgraded into another usergroup (that group have more permission in our forums)

Can you made the modification that made anyone can donate trophy points to upgrade their account. For example, they donate 100 trophy points and then their account upgraded into another usergroup (that group have more permission in our forums)

Hmm, that's a good question. I think I'll leave it to the developer to add that in when he feels like it.

Just another small suggestion:

Wouldn't it be better to remove the banking tab from the navbar and add it to the user tab in the navbar?
bank.webp

0 x 0

Top Bottom