[bd] Attachment Store [Deleted]

Attachment files are cleaned up in a cron job. During clean up, the S3 files will be deleted too.
Yeah i saw the cronjob and i started it manually too but still i see the attachments of deleted post in amazon s3 bucket. I think, you are missing anything. They didn't deleted still.

Sorry for this question. But if it's an attachment and I have SSL, that means that it will be encrypted right? If so, then I'll buy this because lots of my members are paranoid about HTTPS.

Sorry for this question. But if it's an attachment and I have SSL, that means that it will be encrypted right? If so, then I'll buy this because lots of my members are paranoid about HTTPS.

Attachments are always encrypted if your XenForo site is encrypted. You won't need this add-on for it.

Oh. I thought it was going to make all uploads to attachments. Is there an addon for that?

Uploads are attachments automatically. If you mean linked media in posts with "uploads", you just need to activate the image proxy to have all of them accessed with SSL automatically.

If your users complain a lot about SSL warnings it is best to deactivate SSL for your site and go back to http again.

Uploads are attachments automatically. If you mean linked media in posts with "uploads", you just need to activate the image proxy to have all of them accessed with SSL automatically.

If your users complain a lot about SSL warnings it is best to deactivate SSL for your site and go back to http again.
I can't since there's going to be transactions in the site. I guess I'll use this addon?
https://xenforo.com/community/resources/digital-point-image-proxy.2747/

I just hope this $75 is worth it.

Again, you don't need this add-on. XenForo has an integrated image proxy system which just needs to be activated. NO add-on needed.

DigitalPoints add-on was developed before XenForo got that feature. You don't need it with a recent version of XenForo.
Thank you for the $75 tip. :)

I have but I definitely need support for attachments, not sure how the two addons differ, or at least I don't recall since I last looked into them.

If they're stored differently from normal attachments, bd Data Storage will likely handle them. It depends which folder the files are stored in. bd Attachment Store handles "attachments" and bd Data Storage handles "data"; there isn't anything to handle the entirety of "internal_data" because S3 would be too slow for many of those files. I'd guess that XFRM stores its data in "internal_data", unfortunately. However, it'd be pretty easy to adapt bd Data Storage for any other folder.

If they're stored differently from normal attachments, bd Data Storage will likely handle them. It depends which folder the files are stored in. bd Attachment Store handles "attachments" and bd Data Storage handles "data"; there isn't anything to handle the entirety of "internal_data" because S3 would be too slow for many of those files. I'd guess that XFRM stores its data in "internal_data", unfortunately. However, it'd be pretty easy to adapt bd Data Storage for any other folder.
Yes, the other add-on ([bd] Data Storage) only handle files in data which does not include attachment files. It does include attachment thumbnail btw.
I'm looking closely into XFMG and see what I can do :)

My xfrocks, are you looking to update this plugin with latest regions as well as support XFMG (without wiping the thumbnails)? I'd like to get it but right now it won't work with XFMG as you know.
New version has just been released which should improve XFMG support :)

You misunderstood my use case. Using this plugin destroys all xfmg thumbnails requiring periodic manual rebuilds. Every time the cron runs on this plugin I lose all thumbnails. I wasn't asking for the addon to defacto support xfmg uploads.

I have several errors like this since the last update
Code:
Server Error Log
Error Info
ErrorException: readfile(/home/admin/domains/example.com/private_html/internal_data/temp/bdasd_BaAMaZ): failed to open stream: No such file or directory - library/XenForo/FileOutput.php:36
Generated By: Unknown Account, Today at 8:35 AM
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(2, 'readfile(/home/...', '/home/admin/dom...', 36, Array)
#1 /home/admin/domains/example.com/private_html/library/XenForo/FileOutput.php(36): readfile('/home/admin/dom...')
#2 /home/admin/domains/example.com/private_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(228): XenForo_FileOutput->output()
#3 /home/admin/domains/example.com/private_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#4 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(63) "https://www.example.com/media/jet-lag-amateurs.1225/download"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["/media/jet-lag-amateurs_1225/download"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}
Delete...Close

I noticed the download button in the gallery doesn't work and that's generating the errors.
Any Idea how I can solve this?

Last edited:
Is there anyone that is using [bd] Attachment Store 1.2.0 that doesn't have the error from above?
Or is everyone still using an older version?

Top Bottom