• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[bd] Anonymous Posting

Good ideals. Will see when they fit my time schedule :D

Is there a way to allow or not allow which forums allow this?

I would love to have an anonymous area and just keep it to that area. Allowing anonymous all over could be bad.

Would it be possible to make it so
if user is registered and "this usergroup" |or| "that usergroup" show anonymous post box if else hide?

This could solve problems of abuse by not letting a newcomer post as anonymous , and have it set to a user group that is defined as being able to post anonymous that a user will get promoted to when making X amount of posts.

Would it be possible to make it so
if user is registered and "this usergroup" |or| "that usergroup" show anonymous post box if else hide?

This could solve problems of abuse by not letting a newcomer post as anonymous and have it set to a user group that is defined as being able to post anonymous that a user gets promoted to when making X amount of posts.
That's another good idea...

I've been waiting for this, thanks.

EDIT: rats, I need user's to be able to create posts anonymously in admin selected forums.

I've been waiting for this, thanks.

EDIT: rats, I need user's to be able to create posts anonymously in admin selected forums.
That can be configured in Options > Threads, Discussions and Conversations.

how do you start a post Anonymous? there is no option?
After installing it, you didn't see the checkbox (in both quick reply and advanced editor)?

oops, I meant to say "EDIT: rats, I need user's to be able to create threads anonymously in admin selected forums."

The IP button on an anonymous post isn't there... which I dislike. It's way too easy to abuse this system right now, because you really can't easily track who did what.

I hope there will be an update when you're a little less busy. :) Anyway, things I personally would like to see:

- Create a user people post with anonymous rather than a guest..
- IP logging and real name showing to admins. (So to admins, it would show as: Anonymous (Sador) to make sure people can't spam etc.)
- Create threads anonymous
- Anonymous addon settings in the "options" menu of the admin CP, rather than implementing it in the thread options? :)

Top Bottom