BBcode post import

rwm1962

I've just posted some code from a post on my current forum into the demo & it doesn't show the images.

We are an image intensive site so will need this to work.

I see there is an option to write custom BBcode. Would sorting that pre-import resolve this issue

This is how full & thumbnail images are placed on my current platform:

Code:
Fullsize
[image]http://www.mydomain.com/forum/gallery/8806/1404313731-IMG_0592.JPG[/image]

Thumb
[lightbox]http://www.mydomain.com/forum/gallery/8806/thumb_1404313768-IMG_0526.JPG[/lightbox]

I found the XF BBcode's in the help section. I can't see anywhere in the admin panel that shows the html code for standard BB code.

If I have that I could create the equivalent BB codes for my imported codes.

Last edited:
Thanks Brogan for the quick replies. Is the HTML replacement code available/viewable for current Xf BB code? I'm thinking it would be better to exactly replicate the code to create a custom code that did exactly the same thing. ie use the HTML code for XF IMG BB code to create a custom IMAGE BB code.

We an image heavy site & I'm liking the choice (like we currently have on our EOL platfom) for thumb, full or both. Another platform I was looking at is one or the other, globally.

I'm not sure what you're asking.

Custom BB Code needs to be manually created.
If you want to replicate what you currently use then you will need to copy that.

You can probably tell I'm not a coder!
I appreciate the custom BB code has to be created manually & know where in the XF ACP to do it. In my test post on my demo my IMAGE BB code didn't work. When I edited it to IMG it did. I'm thinking if I created a custom BB Code called IMAGE using the html code for IMG my imported posts using IMAGE would display correctly.

If it's not possible to see the html code I guess I'll have to do my own but I thought it might be neater to use the same as XF have.

Standard BB codes don't work like custom BB codes so they don't necessarily have HTML to share. You should just create what fits your needs.

Top Bottom