XF 1.1 BBCode popup menu errors

Jake Hakoda Shirley

I am having some issues with our menu overlays while making posts. Here is an example of what I mean:

2Ev38.png

That is the 'code' window open. As you can see, there is no submit button. Any ideas?

I just registered (Chris_D) to take a look myself - but no confirmation email yet :(

Maybe you haven't got that set up yet.

But my initial suspicion is you have a rogue style property or CSS element that's made the max-height 50px or similar, thus hiding its title and submit buttons.

I can tell you exactly what it is, but you'd need to set my user account to Valid first ;)

I just registered (Chris_D) to take a look myself - but no confirmation email yet :(

Maybe you haven't got that set up yet.

But my initial suspicion is you have a rogue style property or CSS element that's made the max-height 50px or similar, thus hiding its title and submit buttons.

I can tell you exactly what it is, but you'd need to set my user account to Valid first ;)

Sorry, we're still working out some mail server issues. I validated your account, please look into if you have a chance! (:

@Onimua I am running 1.1.3, do you think would actually change it? I have never noticed this error before, but I haven't really tried using BBcode either.

Weird.

Your Quick Reply editor isn't showing.

noqr.webp

That's usually a javascript problem. I wonder if it's related? Or is it meant to be switched off?

I'll keep checking things.

EDIT: Closer inspection. You seem to be using RocketScript by CloudFlare on your JS resources: http://www.cloudflare.com/wiki/Rocket_Script

This seems to be causing your problems.

I don't know exactly how this service works - but it seems to be the cause.

First step is to turn this off. This will confirm that as the problem.

Next would be to get some support with that particular software - probably direct from CloudFlare.

It really isn't.

I'm on there now and most of your javascript stuff isn't working. Was the same over an hour ago too.

The RocketScript stuff seems like a brilliant idea - disabling it might be slightly defeatest - but CloudFlare may be able to help with the configuration of it. Let me know how you get on - if you get it working properly I might use it myself!

Will do! I just realized that if it is an issue with CloudFlare, it could work fine for me and not at all for others in different geographical locations. I'll check back in after disabling it and see if it fixes the issues.

Top Bottom