• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

BB Code MP3 Player

Thanks EQnoble, sounds really good.

Are you working with wordpress player or is it something else?

just trying to nail the one monkey wrench in my plan that is driving me apechit right now. :-)

Cool, let's see what is it :p

I have exactly what I am doing for the bbcode as a standalone page...the one little problem I am having is how to call a specific set of resources into the templates...I may need to rewrite the listener for the addon to be a bit more involved than it is just because of the nature of what I am trying to do + it being so different than any implementation that I have seen I really don't even know what words to search to figure out how I could go about including it the way I want.

But for now if you would like you can pc message me and I will give yah the link to that page and you can see pretty much what it is and kind of get an idea of how it will fit inline into posts.

Cool....I think I got it...I just need to rebuild the addon because I got frustrated and like a dumbass deleted the whole thing. :-) That aside I think I have solved my problem and it should work now. I'll keep you posted.

The player is not loaded until you click it....that's how they interact...cheap solution is to make a screenshot of the player be placeholder image...no one would really know...

Doing it this way means if you have 100 songs on a page they are not loaded until you click the player...and unloaded when you click the next....

try clicking back and forth between the two....and then imagine 100 of those on a page....that's how I think about it while I am working.

Well, EQnoble I really appreciate your work but I'd suggest you to use WordPress Audio Player instead of this.
Code:
<p id="audioplayer_1">Alternative content</p>
      <script type="text/javascript">
        AudioPlayer.embed("audioplayer_1", {soundFile: "http://yoursite.com/path/to/mp3_file.mp3"});
      </script>

<p id="audioplayer_2">Alternative content</p>
      <script type="text/javascript">
        AudioPlayer.embed("audioplayer_2", {soundFile: "http://yoursite.com/path/to/mp3_file_2.mp3"});
      </script>

I would try it but i already see the problem with using it...multiple instances and the id...you would have to rely on your users not selecting the same id name...if they do they will use the js from another embedding and either have another song playing and or not work at all.

Top Bottom