1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BB code in "Terms and rules" section

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by fredrikse, Nov 25, 2012.

1. fredrikse

fredrikse Active Member

Is it possible to use BB code in the help section "Terms and rules"?
    Digital Doctor likes this.
  2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

No BB code. But you can use HTML in the "terms_rules_text" phrase:

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Search Phrases
    fredrikse likes this.
  3. fredrikse

fredrikse Active Member

What I would like to use is a spoiler for each rule that explains it a little bit more in detail. But I guess that won't work then?
  4. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

It's not ... but it should be !
  5. fredrikse

fredrikse Active Member

Is it hard for a coder to extend the BB code to apply on this section as well?
  6. Digital Doctor

Probably not worth it for them to do so (low demand).

What I can't understand is why Xenforo doesn't have a good Pages Function yet.
  7. fredrikse

fredrikse Active Member

I would be willing to pay for it. I'm not a programmer but with the flexible codebase which Xenforo is made up of it can't take that long, can it?
  8. Digital Doctor

Probably not.
  9. dutchbb

dutchbb Well-Known Member

You could use something like this in the phrase

<p><a id="show_id1" onclick="document.getElementById('spoiler_id1').style.display=''; document.getElementById('show_id1').style.display='none';" class="link" onmouseover="this.style.cursor='pointer'">[Show rule 1]</a><span id="spoiler_id1" style="display: none"><a onclick="document.getElementById('spoiler_id1').style.display='none'; document.getElementById('show_id1').style.display='';" class="link" onmouseover="this.style.cursor='pointer'">[Hide rule 1]</a><br>The providers ("we", "us", "our") of the service provided by this web site ("Service") are not responsible for any user-generated content ("Content"). Content posted express the views of their author only.</span></p>
    Jake Bunce likes this.