1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Battle.net integration for Xenforo?

Discussion in 'Resource and Add-on Requests' started by JT3, Aug 23, 2014.

1. JT3

JT3 Member

Just read that Blizzard has a new API out to allow Battle.net integration for logging in and sharing information. Since I am not a programmer I was hoping someone would investigate to see if something like the Steam login for Xenforo could be made.

Thanks!

Geca likes this.
  2. EQnoble

EQnoble Well-Known Member

There is no endpoint provided to authenticate log in through battle.net (currently available publicly).

https://dev.battle.net/io-docs

EDIT:

I take that back....there might be....there is a lot of endpoints now that I see the drop down....

3. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Battle.net is all grown up :D

StarCraft_on_BattleNet.jpg

1im and The Forum Heroes like this.
  4. The Forum Heroes

The Forum Heroes Well-Known Member

oh how I miss BNET v1.. Makes me want to go play SCBW or DotA now... Damn it @Russ :cry:

Russ likes this.
  5. The Forum Heroes

The Forum Heroes Well-Known Member

Anyway, there is still no auth for it.. Unless your using a private server like Mango's or Trinity.. The API has expanded 10 fold though, esp for World of WarCraft armory.

6. Laric

Laric Active Member

https://dev.battle.net/docs/read/oauth As far as I understand it there is a full blown auth for it. That is what wowhead uses now. I would really love to get an addon for it.. definetly willing to pay like $20 for one that also asks for the wow.profile scope so I can use it for getting additional data from their profiles into my forum.

7. 1im

1im Member

8. rivacom

rivacom Active Member

I was actually working on a manual way to interact with the WoW API, Was planning to ask Character name, realm, region and pull in data and avatar that way.

9. Votick

Votick Member

We have a working copy of Battle.net Auth with Xenforo.

tdl-bauth.PNG

1im and Blackheart87 like this.
  10. Blackheart87

Blackheart87 Member

I will pay for a good supported Battle.net integration with guild/player integrations :)

11. Votick

Votick Member

We currently use about 5 custom plugins.
    Not sure we will release any of them yet as make us unique :)

Will have a word with our dev, maybe we can give away the battle auth but it won't pull back character's like above. Just let you login via your battle ID.

12. Votick

Votick Member

Just to update.
    We have decided to release the Battlenet OAuth plugin. This will be available in the resource section in the next couple of days.

zappaDPJ and Russ like this.
  13. Blackheart87

Blackheart87 Member

14. Nobita.Kun

Nobita.Kun Well-Known Member

Votick likes this.