Fixed "Batch Update Thread" can't find threads with type "redirect"

Kruzya

Affected version
Recently we have been busy with merging threads, and a lot of "redirects" have been created as a result of this process, so that the links in the search engines have time to update. Today i thinked about creating an "invisible" node for this threads, just for leaving links in "live" state.

Node created, and when i thinked about moving all these threads to this node, i remembered about "Batch Thread Update" in ACP, where i can select thread type and move all these "threads" in required node with one click. Probably i can?..

On page with batch updating i see required thread type, i check and submit form:
1621785093912.webp

As a result:
1621785116059.webp
Why? Because in ACP used Searcher class, which itself excludes all "redirects":
1621785167807.webp
1621785197996.webp

yeah this has been an annoyance for me too. i use permanent redirect option. and move permalinks to my archive node. but i have to do it manually. would really like an option to filter redirected threads as well.

Thank you for reporting this issue, it has now been resolved. We are aiming to include any changes that have been made in a future XF release (2.2.6).

Change log:
Ensure threads with a redirect thread type are included when batch updating threads or using a search forum
There may be a delay before changes are rolled out to the XenForo Community.

yey. i was finally able to move all the redirect threads to a separate forum so the links do not clutter nodes but still work! have waited for this fix for so long!

Top Bottom