Resource icon

[Banxix] Bump Thread 1.0.5

No permission to download

Banxix

Banxix submitted a new resource:

[Banxix] Bump Thread - Update thread to appear in latest posts without replying

Update thread to appear in latest posts without replying.
It is released as Beta version.

Features:
  • Global Enable / Disable addon.
  • Can bump own threads
  • Can bump other threads.
  • Time limit between bump.
  • Max bump per day.
  • Customize permission for each node.

Query added to thread view: 1, with index.
Performance impact: none-notable

If you like this addon consider donate to support it https://paypal.me/banxix

Read more about this resource...

Hello

its a great add-on but I have some suggestions, if you can implement them in future updates it would be awesome.

Disable threads come up on reply: allow the threads only could be bring to top of thread list if it was bumped.

Its very hard to specify a few nodes for some user groups. I think if there is an option for choosing specific nodes would be better than to set permissions for all of the nodes.

Hello

its a great add-on but I have some suggestions, if you can implement them in future updates it would be awesome.

Disable threads come up on reply: allow the threads only could be bring to top of thread list if it was bumped.

Its very hard to specify a few nodes for some user groups. I think if there is an option for choosing specific nodes would be better than to set permissions for all of the nodes.

I don't really want to mess with XF default behavior of thread and last message post time, it would be a pain but still doable.

For node permission, I did think about it from the start but I think the current permission system is more flexible for complicated usage. It's not good to have 2 different overlapping permission settings.

Banxix updated [Banxix] Bump Thread with a new update entry:

- Change sorting behavior from 1.0.3. Added new setting to apply Default Sort Order as Bumped Threads to selected forums.

- "Tme limit between each bump" permission uses XF permission system and it received the biggest number amongst all usergroups permissions. This verion added a setting to reverse the process and getting the shortest time-limit to benefit higher usergroups (shorter time is better).
Please note that you need to set the permissions for each node, this feature will not...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Great addon :)
What do you think about change the position option from a radio box into a check box? So I can insert them into both moderation buttons and quick reply :)

Thanks for this, I'll give it a shot.

Can we add a restriction so a bump can only occur if the thread appears on page X or greater?

Last edited:
Great addon :)
What do you think about change the position option from a radio box into a check box? So I can insert them into both moderation buttons and quick reply :)

I personally don't support the idea.

Thanks for this, I'll give it a shot.

Can we add a restriction so a bump can only occur if the thread appears on page X or greater?

I think this is a good one, will put it in todos list.

I personally don't support the idea.
So what can I do if I want to show 2 buttons instead of one? :S (into Reply box and top of thread, as moderation button).

Is it intentional that whenever an user bump a thread, the last post change its date to the current one? I thought this plugin adds a new condition that checks if there are recent bumps instead of edit last post date.

So what can I do if I want to show 2 buttons instead of one? :S (into Reply box and top of thread, as moderation button).

Is it intentional that whenever an user bump a thread, the last post change its date to the current one? I thought this plugin adds a new condition that checks if there are recent bumps instead of edit last post date.
The bump needs to simulate new reply or it won't work on other parts of the forum such as new posts, latest posts widget, what's new.

Last edited:
This is a good feature, but would be able to make it work by not altering the actual timestamp of the last post? So bump it but the last poster has the same timestamp. It looks odd to alter it, especially to the person that posted, and can be reported as a bug.

A suggestion would be: Simply bump and do not alter. Or. Put an alert (similar to the Thread Locked line) that it has been bumped without a post, after the last post.
============
This thread has been bumped automatically
===========
Or similar

Thanks

Last edited:
This is a good feature, but would be able to make it work by not altering the actual timestamp of the last post? So bump it but the last poster has the same timestamp. It looks odd to alter it, especially to the person that posted, and can be reported as a bug.

A suggestion would be: Simply bump and do not alter. Or. Put an alert (similar to the Thread Locked line) that it has been bumped without a post, after the last post.
============
This thread has been bumped automatically
===========
Or similar

Thanks
I have answered in a post above.

Top Bottom