Banning a user

Spenser

Hi!

We want to switch our forum to xf. While discussing the changes one of my moderators asked me how he will be able to ban a user. Right now this is necessary many times a day as lots of bots register and try to post their spam.
The only way of banning users that I found was in the ACP.
Is there another way to ban users? I don't want to give all moderators access to the ACP.

Thanks in advance!

A mod cannot ban user #1 correct?
Didn't test it but from what I've noticed so far, the Super Admin (1st user) is immune to everything and has access to everything. I've had a few add-ons and modifications that I didn't set permissions to, I've even had custom permissions for myself that blocked some things and I still could access them. :p

Didn't test it but from what I've noticed so far, the Super Admin (1st user) is immune to everything and has access to everything. I've had a few add-ons and modifications that I didn't set permissions to, I've even had custom permissions for myself that blocked some things and I still could access them. :p

I thought that's how it worked, thanks.

Thanks, that will help.

Another problem: when a user is spam-banned by a moderator there is nothing that shows that this user is banned. The usergroup shown is the same usergroup as before. So the other moderators can't see that this user has been taken care of. Or am I doing something wrong?

Why do banned users still show as normal members and appear in the member list?
This is the designed behavior; there is no outward indication that a member has been banned. Their user title stays the same and they will still appear in the members list. If required, you can manually change a banned member's user title, or create a user group with a higher display styling priority and add them to it. To prevent them from appearing in the members list you can change the user state to anything other than valid.

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/frequently-asked-questions.5183/#post-180445

Top Bottom