1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Banner position in header

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by woei, Mar 17, 2014.

1. woei

woei Well-Known Member

Hi guys,

I'm really struggling with the position of my banner in the header. I have got it working, but I just want to move it a bit more to the left, because now the text "Login or Sign Up" is hoovering above it.

The code that I use to get it there is:
    Code:
    <div style="display: block; float: right; line-height: {xen:calc '@headerLogoHeight - 4'}px; *line-height: @headerLogoHeight; height: @headerLogoHeight; vertical-align: middle">

I have added a screenshot of the current situation. How do I just move it some more to the left. In the middle would be perfect, but when I use float: center the banner just shows up above the logo, creating an even more ugly situation :)

Anybody?

Attached Files:

wickedstangs likes this.
  2. woei

woei Well-Known Member

O, I have currently version 1.3. No solution though. I'm thinking to hire someone for this because it's above my understanding.

3. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You have it floated right.
    Add some right margin if you don't want it to overlap the login handle.

4. woei

woei Well-Known Member

Thank you for this tip.

For anyone interested:

Code:
    <div style="display: block; float:right; margin-right:130px; line-height: {xen:calc '@headerLogoHeight - 4'}px; *line-height: @headerLogoHeight; height: @headerLogoHeight; vertical-align: middle">
    Result is attached. The Login or Sign up doesn't overlay anymore. But I'm not done. @Brogan how can I now get the same space under the logo and banner above it, so it looks cleaner instead of pushed to the top. And for the cherry on top, a line of text above the banner?

Attached Files: