1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Banner on the middle categories

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by Mostruoso, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Mostruoso

Mostruoso Member

Hello,

My speak english is a little, sorry.

My forum is category middle to banner add. Please help.

Example:
    Ekran Alıntısı.JPG

2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Templates -> node_category_level_1

Add the red code at the top. You need to specify the node_id of the category below:

Code:
    <xen:if is="{$category.node_id} == 1">
    	BANNER CODE HERE
    </xen:if>

<xen:require css="node_list.css" />
    <xen:require css="node_category.css" />

<li class="node category level_{$level} node_{$category.node_id}" id="{xen:helper linktitle, $category.node_id, $category.title, 1}">

<div class="nodeInfo categoryNodeInfo categoryStrip">

<div class="categoryText">
    			<h3 class="nodeTitle"><a href="{xen:link categories, $category}">{$category.title}</a></h3>
    			<xen:if is="{$category.description}"><blockquote class="nodeDescription baseHtml">{xen:raw $category.description}</blockquote></xen:if>
    		</div>

</div>

Travis-Mc, jeffwidman, Lnqtm and 6 others like this.
  3. Mostruoso

Mostruoso Member

Thanks!

4. Neutral Singh

Neutral Singh Well-Known Member

@Jake Bunce

This is not working in 1.4? Any pointer please.

5. It worked for me I just can't manage to get it responsive for mobile.... the picture is too big....i'm not to bright when it comes to responsive design even with that tutorial lol.

6. Adam Bloch

Adam Bloch Member

Is there any way of doing this for multiple node ids on a single copy of the code? I was going use it for adding a custom hook in between categories for the banner software I was using....

Sygne likes this.
  7. Sygne

Sygne New Member

I too was going to use this but I doesnt work. :(

8. I was trying to just place a graphic in between the nodes that I have made using photobucket but it ended up being like a clickable link to the photobucket it's self. I found out later that I am suppose to add the photo to my domain but I stand by what I say when I know I'm not all that bright when it comes to tech things XD. It would be nice to get a step by step walkthrough on how to add a image that is un clickable and responsive.