Banned users to a user group?

dds115

Is there a way to have a banned user be assigned to a specific user group for the duration of their ban, and then when it is lifted it they are moved back to their normal user group?

If not, is there a way to set banned user permissions?

I ask this because when I ban a user I'd still like them to have some access to view some nodes and such.

Any way to make this user group override the ban settings? When a user is banned I'm still not able to give them permissions to view some nodes, post in some nodes, etc.

Banned users can't view anything. Period.

You would have to avoid the ban system and manually add users to the special group instead of banning them.

Admin CP -> Home -> Options -> User Discouragement and Discipline -> Add User Group on Ban
plus
Admin CP -> Users -> User Groups -> Banned Users ->Display Styling Priority:
(If a user is in multiple user groups, their user title and user name CSS will come from the group with the highest display styling priority.)

NOTE: The hierarchy doesn't seem to work.
Even though the "Banned User Group" Banner it set higher to "Registered Member Group" it will not trump a Member Banner. The members banner shows with a banned banner.

How can I deactivate a banned members banner showing?

It works for me in my testing.

You will need to uncheck this option:
View attachment 96378

I stand corrected.

I see I should be approaching this a different way. I'm trying to segregate a Resource through use of the Group banners (which would be super cool if the banner could be linked to a resource too!)
Part of this problem. If a moderator has a resource, its one or the other. Which effects the entire banner system.

Being able to have a particular Group stacked with a Resource helps monetize or push that section more stackable.. Any suggestions?

thanks for chiming in.

I don't really understand what it is you are trying to do.
Banners are purely visual and not linked to accessing content, other than the fact they are associated with user groups.

Part of this problem. If a moderator has a resource, its one or the other. Which effects the entire banner system.

Being able to have a particular Group stacked with a Resource helps monetize or push that section more stackable.. (IF) those banners could include a direct link to the members resource, that would be even better. But that's another topic. Make more sense?

thanks for chiming in.

To add, lets use you as an example.

If you were a moderator (not staff), you would have to choose. You would loose the ability to have both Moderator and Resource banner. If a Resource Group worked similar to the Staff Member option, that would solve this.

Follow?

(hard to explain) To do this I've had to manually change the entire Moderator permission unique as a group. Their permissions cannot be an augmented members group permissions tear. The other option is to make moderators > Staff. which is less desirable but not as broken.

Here is how I wish it do be without all the fuss I'm going through. If we could "link the resource to user", banner, that would be even cooler.

Attachments

• bannerstacking.webp
    bannerstacking.webp
    7.1 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Top Bottom