XF 1.5 Ban text block

I don't believe that is an add-on.

The message itself is the standard message if a person is IP banned.

The message would be presented in an overlay like that if an action is performed over AJAX.

To put it simply, it's not something you can just do, like that. AJAX actions are those actions which use javascript to go and fetch some content from the server without having to reload the page and go to another URL.

Most simple example of this is clicking on an avatar to open the member card.

If a user is IP banned and they click on someone's member card, they will see the error exactly how you showed it in your screenshot.

My point is, if you have seen this anywhere, it's not an add-on. It's just how XF displays the error message in certain situations. It's unlikely an add-on already exists for such a thing.

To put it simply, it's not something you can just do, like that. AJAX actions are those actions which use javascript to go and fetch some content from the server without having to reload the page and go to another URL.

Most simple example of this is clicking on an avatar to open the member card.

If a user is IP banned and they click on someone's member card, they will see the error exactly how you showed it in your screenshot.

My point is, if you have seen this anywhere, it's not an add-on. It's just how XF displays the error message in certain situations. It's unlikely an add-on already exists for such a thing.
Oh I see. So the message displayed requires knowledge of java script?

@Chris D
The text block shows when the user gets IP banned while viewing a thread, but how would I also show that text block whenever the IP banned user visits the forum list or clicks on anything as well?

Last edited:
Top Bottom