Implemented Ban members from a single forum

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I like the download attachments / viewing concept per user. I'm assuming it's possible to change these values via a addon product? Like say, something like a members area thing, where people buy skins or whatever, and be able to download from a certain forum (if you don't have a download section in a members area)?
As Mr_Bob said, superb. :)
That example seems to fit "paid subscriptions". We actually call them "account upgrades" and they have the option to do one-time things.

IMO, that is also more fitting of a user group, as it allows mass management and better documentation. (The user group acts as a form of documentation as to why someone has something.)

That example seems to fit "paid subscriptions". We actually call them "account upgrades" and they have the option to do one-time things.
Are you saying that someone could pay for an "account upgrade" and do something 'once'. As in make a post, download something from a forum? Then they could no longer do that again until they paid again?

Are you saying that someone could pay for an "account upgrade" and do something 'once'. As in make a post, download something from a forum? Then they could no longer do that again until they paid again?
No, I meant that the "subscription" could be permanent. The term "subscription" is usually thought to be time limited, which may not make sense for a purchased item, for example.

No, I meant that the "subscription" could be permanent. The term "subscription" is usually thought to be time limited, which may not make sense for a purchased item, for example.
Thanks Mike.

I have a dream that at some point a 'pay per event' could somehow be implemented as a modification someday. For us that would be *huge*. Although I do understand there would be much work getting things worked correctly.

I should note that you can set the full range of permissions (both global and per "node"/forum) on a per user basis. This allows you to add or remove individual permissions for users without creating groups, though we would normally direct you to groups if there's a reasonable possibility there will be more than 1 person involved.

As you get the full range of permissions, you could easily prevent a user from posting anywhere, or prevent then from posting in a particular forum (or prevent them from viewing that forum), or even give someone access to download attachments in a forum when they normally couldn't.

Thanks, superb! That are exactly what i need.

I should note that you can set the full range of permissions (both global and per "node"/forum) on a per user basis. This allows you to add or remove individual permissions for users without creating groups, though we would normally direct you to groups if there's a reasonable possibility there will be more than 1 person involved.

As you get the full range of permissions, you could easily prevent a user from posting anywhere, or prevent then from posting in a particular forum (or prevent them from viewing that forum), or even give someone access to download attachments in a forum when they normally couldn't.
I was hoping Access Masks wouldn't be built in, just because it encourages Administrators to create a confusing web of permissions that are impossible to untangle later on. But I can understand people want the functionality.

It sounds like you've implemented it in a much better way, vs. the bolt-on feel in the other forum. ;)

While this is extremely useful, the functionality to ban individual users from using a node is not available to moderators. Banning users is a moderator activity.

The OP suggests that the clan leader (the moderator) should be able to ban users. This is not possible in xenforo and therefore this suggestion has not been implemented yet. Please reopen this suggestion.

There is no concept of "clan leader" in XenForo and banning is an administrator function, not a moderator function.

I was trying to forum ban some users but I failed to find where to start. Can someone leads to that feature?

Top Bottom