Badges

Badges 1.0.6

No permission to download
This addon broke my board, do not use.

You will need some evidence. I'm using this addon for almost a year, and haven't had any issues so far.

Probably you miss configured something which cause issues.

Reactions: TFW
@Faust, I installed it simply. Did nothing else. I had to revert everything manually because it was stuck on install commands.

@Faust, I installed it simply. Did nothing else. I had to revert everything manually because it was stuck on install commands.
Unfortunately I can't help you. But I can assure you that addon works fine on my forum.

Maybe try again to upload all files into your server, and try again to install.

Reactions: Maa
Not sure this is possibe but i am looking to add the category heading for each badge heading on the main page.
1604950461951.png

so above active member i want to have the heading from the below from the admin panel, then as you scroll down it has the next category heading for that section and so on.
1604950517487.png

I saw this from the review section:
User criteria doesn't work anymore, so unless you want to manually hand out the badges I would look for an alternative.
Any update on this?

Thanks.

That review is from march 2020 for ver 1.0.6. I'm using this user criteria with custom fields and it works with V 1.0.6.
However there are a couple of issues:
  • Email spam, see manual fix above
  • Badges not showing on member tooltip onf XF 2.2

• Love
Reactions: rdn
Not sure this is possibe but i am looking to add the category heading for each badge heading on the main page.
1604950461951.png

so above active member i want to have the heading from the below from the admin panel, then as you scroll down it has the next category heading for that section and so on.
1604950517487.png
Managed to get the below done.

2020-11-11-18-42-chatbanter.com.webp

This addon's template modification with the modification key "CMTV_Badges_member_tooltip" needs the Find pattern updated for XF 2.2.1 (probably 2.2 as well) to:
XML:
<xf:if contentcheck="true">
                        <div class="memberTooltip-blurb">
                        <xf:contentcheck>
                            <xf:userblurb user="$user" tag="div" />
                        </xf:contentcheck>
                        </div>
                    </xf:if>

This addon appears to be available on GitHub as a MIT Licensed Project. Seeing as there has not been much activity and I have attempted to contact CMTV (May 6, 2020; and June 1, 2020) to ask about seeing the repo updated to 1.0.6 for patching and received no response.

We have forked this project from the Repo that was available at: https://github.com/CMTV/XF2A-Badges

It looks like the repo is behind a minor version from the released version; If you would like to see any of the bugs fixed in this addon that have not been fixed; please drop an issue here: https://github.com/VersoBit/XF-Badges

I will also be reviewing the thread for any issues reported and integrating the posted fixes with Credit applied. I will contact anyone who has posted fixes in this thread for their GitHub username.

We rely on this addon for some functionality on our site and we need certain things fixed to continue its use. We plan to make this addon fork a drop-in replacement for 1.0.6.

This addon appears to be available on GitHub as a MIT Licensed Project. Seeing as there has not been much activity and I have attempted to contact CMTV (May 6, 2020; and June 1, 2020) to ask about seeing the repo updated to 1.0.6 for patching and received no response.

We have forked this project from the Repo that was available at: https://github.com/CMTV/XF2A-Badges

It looks like the repo is behind a minor version from the released version; If you would like to see any of the bugs fixed in this addon that have not been fixed; please drop an issue here: https://github.com/VersoBit/XF-Badges

I will also be reviewing the thread for any issues reported and integrating the posted fixes with Credit applied. I will contact anyone who has posted fixes in this thread for their GitHub username.

We rely on this addon for some functionality on our site and we need certain things fixed to continue its use. We plan to make this addon fork a drop-in replacement for 1.0.6.

Glad you did, I was thinking about posting an updated version of this so it’s supported, but now I don’t have too. :)

Glad you did, I was thinking about posting an updated version of this so it’s supported, but now I don’t have too. :)
Feel free to contribute anything you like as a PR on our repo! I appreciate open code collaboration!

Any ideas how I can make this badges to be shown in grid?
Not too difficult to do, I use grids throughout my site for different addons. Something like this should work

Code:
[data-template="help_page"] .badge-category .block-body {
    display: grid;
    grid-template-columns: repeat(auto-fit, minmax(250px, 1fr));
    grid-gap: 6px;
}
[data-template="help_page"] .badge-category .block-body .block-row.block-row--separated {
    padding-top: 25px;
    border-radius: 5px;
}
[data-template="help_page"] .badge-category .block-body .contentRow {
    flex-direction: column;
    justify-content: center;
    align-items: center;
    text-align: center;
}
[data-template="help_page"] .badge-category .block-body .contentRow .contentRow-figure {
    margin-bottom: 10px;
}
[data-template="help_page"] .badge-category .block-body .contentRow .contentRow-main {
    padding-left: 0px;
}
a.extra-item.badge-awarded {
    background: #4f5d73;  /// change as required ///
    padding: 5px 10px;
    border-radius: 5px;
    color: #fff; /// change as required ///
}

Attachments

• badges.webp
    badges.webp
    73.8 KB · Views: 34