Badges

Badges 1.0.6

No permission to download

CMTV

CMTV submitted a new resource:

Badges - Create fancy-looking badges and award users for valuable and unique actions!

View attachment 209893

Description

You can use trophies to award users for doing cool things. But trophies are casual and boring. Everyone can get one :(

Badges... that's more like it! This is something your users can be proud of!

Create fancy-looking badges, group them into categories and award users for valuable and unique actions!
Moreover, featured badges will be displayed in users messages...

Read more about this resource...

Uploading badge image directly from the admin panel along with a request badge feature would make the addon a complete package.

Great job, it looks great and is better than some of the paid alternatives.

Unfortunately, this is not in plans. But you can find the icon you want here:

Download it and set as icon image.
I'm assuming then it's not possible for me to implement this? I'm asking because I find Font-Awesome is great but doesn't have all the icons that I require.

I implemented 1 for any user with "f" in sex to award a badge of female user. I saw it awarded to only a couple who met the criteria. What am i missing? I ran the cron job as well.

This I think conflicts with @Xon Warning improvement and @ThemeHouse ReactPlus

Code:
ErrorException: Template error: Method getFeaturedBadges is not callable on the given object (SV\WarningImprovements\XF\Entity\User) src/XF/Template/Templater.php:980
Generated by: Unknown account Sep 9, 2019 at 9:56 PM
Stack trace
#0 [internal function]: XF\Template\Templater->handleTemplateError(512, 'Method getFeatu...', '/home/xx/p...', 980, Array)
#1 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(980): trigger_error('Method getFeatu...', 512)
#2 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l5/s32/public/CMTV_Badges_featured_badges_macros.php(16): XF\Template\Templater->method(Object(SV\WarningImprovements\XF\Entity\User), 'getFeaturedBadg...', Array)
#3 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(701): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(ThemeHouse\ReactPlus\XF\Template\Templater), Array, Array)
#4 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l5/s32/public/message_macros.php(61): XF\Template\Templater->callMacro('CMTV_Badges_fea...', 'featured_badges', Array, Array)
#5 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(701): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(ThemeHouse\ReactPlus\XF\Template\Templater), Array, Array)
#6 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l5/s32/public/post_macros.php(30): XF\Template\Templater->callMacro('message_macros', 'user_info', Array, Array)
#7 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(701): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(ThemeHouse\ReactPlus\XF\Template\Templater), Array, Array)
#8 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l5/s32/public/thread_view.php(612): XF\Template\Templater->callMacro('post_macros', 'post', Array, Array)
#9 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1301): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(ThemeHouse\ReactPlus\XF\Template\Templater), Array)
#10 src/XF/Template/Template.php(24): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('thread_view', Array)
#11 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/Html.php(48): XF\Template\Template->render()
#12 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(418): XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html->renderView('XF:Thread\\View', 'public:thread_v...', Array)
#13 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(400): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderView(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#14 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(360): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderReply(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#15 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(53): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'html')
#16 src/XF/App.php(2177): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#17 src/XF.php(390): XF\App->run()
#18 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#19 {main}

Anyone else having trouble getting the badges to show up in places? Style properties checked to show up. They do show up in the profile tabs but not in the profile header, member tooltip or message area.

Nm, I realized users have to "feature" the badge for it to show. Suggestion for a future update, make it so badges can be displayed even without being featured. Otherwise, fantastic add-on.

Last edited:
This I think conflicts with @Xon Warning improvement and @ThemeHouse ReactPlus

Code:
ErrorException: Template error: Method getFeaturedBadges is not callable on the given object (SV\WarningImprovements\XF\Entity\User) src/XF/Template/Templater.php:980
Generated by: Unknown account Sep 9, 2019 at 9:56 PM
Stack trace
#0 [internal function]: XF\Template\Templater->handleTemplateError(512, 'Method getFeatu...', '/home/xx/p...', 980, Array)
#1 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(980): trigger_error('Method getFeatu...', 512)
#2 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l5/s32/public/CMTV_Badges_featured_badges_macros.php(16): XF\Template\Templater->method(Object(SV\WarningImprovements\XF\Entity\User), 'getFeaturedBadg...', Array)
#3 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(701): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(ThemeHouse\ReactPlus\XF\Template\Templater), Array, Array)
#4 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l5/s32/public/message_macros.php(61): XF\Template\Templater->callMacro('CMTV_Badges_fea...', 'featured_badges', Array, Array)
#5 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(701): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(ThemeHouse\ReactPlus\XF\Template\Templater), Array, Array)
#6 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l5/s32/public/post_macros.php(30): XF\Template\Templater->callMacro('message_macros', 'user_info', Array, Array)
#7 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(701): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(ThemeHouse\ReactPlus\XF\Template\Templater), Array, Array)
#8 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l5/s32/public/thread_view.php(612): XF\Template\Templater->callMacro('post_macros', 'post', Array, Array)
#9 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1301): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(ThemeHouse\ReactPlus\XF\Template\Templater), Array)
#10 src/XF/Template/Template.php(24): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('thread_view', Array)
#11 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/Html.php(48): XF\Template\Template->render()
#12 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(418): XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html->renderView('XF:Thread\\View', 'public:thread_v...', Array)
#13 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(400): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderView(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#14 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(360): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderReply(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#15 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(53): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'html')
#16 src/XF/App.php(2177): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#17 src/XF.php(390): XF\App->run()
#18 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#19 {main}
I didn't see conflict between Warning improvement and Badges. On my forum it works fine.

Hello!

Can i give a badge just for users who registered in a specified month in my Forum?

Anyway of doing this without needing to manually apply?

Thanks.

Another thing:

- There is any way of showing the badges for mobile users?

Would be great if you add this.

The add-on works perfectly. Using in a live Forum, no bugs reported. Thank you very much for your work.

It appears that the badge titles are stored separately as phrases in the database. This makes it more difficult to port the badges from one installation to another. I noticed you have import/export functionality as a menu option, but neither seem to work. I'm wondering if that is planned for a future release.

1571444865312.png

I can't make this add-on work. It's letting me manually award a badge to a user, but it won't automatically award a badge according to the criteria set - user is a member of group {X}. I've run the CRON rebuild job... still badges aren't showing up for members of the group specified.

In addition, I can't even get manually-awarded badges to show up on user profile pages or on their posts. Someone said the badges have to be "featured" but I see no controls to do that. Any help?

Last edited:
I just installed this and I have given a badge to my test user. With all of the style properties checked to show (Default xf2 theme active) no sign of badges anywhere on the site within the user account or the admin account. Any ideas? The user profiles do not show "badges" like the screenshots show.

The "Most Rewards" shown on the Members page causes a slowdown on the page.

Version: 2.1.4

page loaded 1min. /members

Just a short note: The phrase "alert_opt_out.badge_award" is missing (this phrase is shown in the push notification page in profile options).

I just installed this and I have given a badge to my test user. With all of the style properties checked to show (Default xf2 theme active) no sign of badges anywhere on the site within the user account or the admin account. Any ideas? The user profiles do not show "badges" like the screenshots show.
A user with a badge has to go to the badge page (on their profile) and activate the "feature badge"-icon.

Is it possible to manually assign a badget to users?
Habs found, thought this would also work on the ACP. But on the user side you can.
Could it be that with a badge you always get an e-mail? I have all my email settings off but still get one.
And with Alert Improvements by Xon alert are not marked as read

Apparently there's a prase missing.
1575286980600.png

Thanks for the nice add-on
Why is on Github version 1.0.5 and here the version 1.0.6?

Last edited:
Top Bottom