XF 1.1 Bad news, worse news. Upgrade go boom.

Edrondol

I did 2 upgrades. The first on a small site went swimmingly well. The second site not so much. I think I tried to do too much.

When I try and hit my site the only thing I get is:

An unexpected database error occurred. Please try again later.

I thought, okay. No worries. I'll just go to the backup. SURPRISE! My backup was saved at 0 bytes and is useless. I don't know whether I got impatient and tried to move away from it too fast or what, but I didn't check the backup success before I began the upgrade.

Here's the steps I took:

1. I upgraded to 1.1 from 1.0.3.
  2. I then updated most of my templates.
  3. I got rid of a few addons I would no longer need - Notices and Infractions. Please note that each of these gave me an error.
What else do you need to help me get back on my feet?

This is showing in the page source:

<!-- Mysqli prepare error: Table 'davidn_vb1.xfr_bn_notice' doesn't exist -->

Is that from an add-on?

You can either navigate directly to the ACP and reinstall it, or try just creating that table manually.

There must be some old code hanging around, even though you uninstalled it.

An unexpected database error occurred. Please try again later.
I had this error, too. I don't think it's a problem with anything... I think xenforo has a problem with upgrading when you overwrite files at first - this is something that usually never happens in previous versions. Not even in beta releases....

But what solved it for me was being online in the AdminCP, and then going back there to upgrade the script from the browser....So that lil "unexpected error" now went boom! lol. :)

Could the title be edited from the usual Edrondol drama (in a good way) to something that people could find / and be useful going forward. Obviously at the time, he didn't know what the problem was.

[Confirmed]Uninstalling [XFR] BoardNotices - advanced notice system addon causes errors in upgrade to xF 1.1 beta1.

I specifically don't think the word in the title "Boom" applies.
Good use of the word Boom :
in a F18 fighter jet ... breaking the sound barrier (Sonic Boom)

Upgrade goes hiccup ?
Upgrade give heartburn - TUMS cured it ?

/imo

Top Bottom