XF 1.1 Bad news, worse news. Upgrade go boom.

Edrondol

I did 2 upgrades. The first on a small site went swimmingly well. The second site not so much. I think I tried to do too much.

When I try and hit my site the only thing I get is:

An unexpected database error occurred. Please try again later.

I thought, okay. No worries. I'll just go to the backup. SURPRISE! My backup was saved at 0 bytes and is useless. I don't know whether I got impatient and tried to move away from it too fast or what, but I didn't check the backup success before I began the upgrade.

Here's the steps I took:

1. I upgraded to 1.1 from 1.0.3.
  2. I then updated most of my templates.
  3. I got rid of a few addons I would no longer need - Notices and Infractions. Please note that each of these gave me an error.
What else do you need to help me get back on my feet?

Ok, Edrondol, have you got an error Invalid model 'XenForo_Model_BbCodeMediaSites' specified while deleting add-on?

Nope. I was getting a generic error that the database was all a-messed up. Brogan saw that I had a <!-- Mysqli prepare error: Table 'davidn_vb1.xfr_bn_notice' doesn't exist --> error. I reinstalled the addon and it worked. Then I disabled it. So it's still there, just not active.

By the way, your addon was a Godsend until 1.1. I want you to know how much I appreciated having it.

Hmm. Very strange. I've tested it on my local machine where I've updated forum from upgrade pack. Got an error Invalid model 'XenForo_Model_BbCodeMediaSites' specified, which described here. After fixing it, like describet in that thread I deleted add-on and all is working fine.

So, I can recommend to uninstall add-ons before upgrading to 1.1 beta 1, or wait till next beta wil be released.

Top Bottom