When I try and hit my site the only thing I get is:
An unexpected database error occurred. Please try again later.
I thought, okay. No worries. I'll just go to the backup. SURPRISE! My backup was saved at 0 bytes and is useless. I don't know whether I got impatient and tried to move away from it too fast or what, but I didn't check the backup success before I began the upgrade.
Here's the steps I took:
- I upgraded to 1.1 from 1.0.3.
- I then updated most of my templates.
- I got rid of a few addons I would no longer need - Notices and Infractions. Please note that each of these gave me an error.