Backupsy

Just ordered a replacement VPS from Backupsy. They are now available in the UK as well.

$12 a month with their promo code.

Good ping time from my main VPS

Code:
[root@astra public]# ping backup.z22se.org.uk
PING backup.z22se.org.uk (199.168.190.82) 56(84) bytes of data.
64 bytes from 199.168.190.82: icmp_seq=1 ttl=52 time=95.2 ms
64 bytes from 199.168.190.82: icmp_seq=2 ttl=52 time=95.2 ms
64 bytes from 199.168.190.82: icmp_seq=3 ttl=52 time=96.5 ms
^C
--- backup.z22se.org.uk ping statistics ---
3 packets transmitted, 3 received, 0% packet loss, time 2458ms
rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 95.286/95.717/96.573/0.655 ms
[root@astra public]# ping 185.38.46.4
PING 185.38.46.4 (185.38.46.4) 56(84) bytes of data.
64 bytes from 185.38.46.4: icmp_seq=1 ttl=58 time=3.01 ms
64 bytes from 185.38.46.4: icmp_seq=2 ttl=58 time=2.82 ms
64 bytes from 185.38.46.4: icmp_seq=3 ttl=58 time=2.95 ms
64 bytes from 185.38.46.4: icmp_seq=4 ttl=58 time=2.98 ms

Just ordered a replacement VPS from Backupsy. They are now available in the UK as well.

$12 a month with their promo code.

Been happy with mine so far and got the email about the UK availability this afternoon, will probably grab one tonight :)

My new one is up and running, just rsyncing the backup directory over from the old one now.

Just finished
Code:
Number of files: 483568
Number of files transferred: 463306
Total file size: 109.16G bytes
Total transferred file size: 109.16G bytes
Literal data: 109.16G bytes
Matched data: 0 bytes
File list size: 21.30M
File list generation time: 0.001 seconds
File list transfer time: 0.000 seconds
Total bytes sent: 109.21G
Total bytes received: 8.88M

sent 109.21G bytes  received 8.88M bytes  13.37M bytes/sec
total size is 109.16G  speedup is 1.00
rsync error: some files/attrs were not transferred (see previous errors) (code 23) at main.c(1070) [sender=3.0.9]

Squid and Samba ... that's an interesting usage ;)
I use squid to test things when I need to use a different IP address, as I'm static at home and work, and Samba was set up as I had my other VPS mount it for cpanel backups, but I've got rid of that server now, so will be turning it off.

What process/script are you using for backup? I'm currently using rsnapshot - but wanting to close my sshd for root to forced-commands-only, which seems to stop rsnapshot working and I cannot find a solution. Thinking duplicity might be an option?

What process/script are you using for backup? I'm currently using rsnapshot - but wanting to close my sshd for root to forced-commands-only, which seems to stop rsnapshot working and I cannot find a solution. Thinking duplicity might be an option?
Rsync and scp. SSH is on a random port, firewalled off by IP and hosts.allow and hosts.deny enabled. Password auth disabled and key auth only allowed.

100 days uptime

I love Backupsy. I always give them praise here. Just remember that "uptime" only gives uptime at the server level, and doesn't take into account network issues, etc.. I've had very slightly different results using NodePing and Statuscake.

Server 1: 99.64% uptime
Server 2: 99.98% uptime
Server 3: 99.98% uptime

Guessing 2 and 3 are on the same physical node. Still absolutely great uptimes, and I've never had them offline when I needed them.

I love Backupsy. I always give them praise here. Just remember that "uptime" only gives uptime at the server level, and doesn't take into account network issues, etc.. I've had very slightly different results using NodePing and Statuscake.

Server 1: 99.64% uptime
Server 2: 99.98% uptime
Server 3: 99.98% uptime

Guessing 2 and 3 are on the same physical node. Still absolutely great uptimes, and I've never had them offline when I needed them.
True, I realised I didn't actually have any monitoring in place for the backup VPS, so I've just set up a check in constellix.com (beta testing).

True, I realised I didn't actually have any monitoring in place for the backup VPS, so I've just set up a check in constellix.com (beta testing).

I've basically just seen very minor downtime, which I'm sure is just a temporary network issues....2 minutes here, 3 or 4 minutes there. But as I've said, not once has it ever been down when I needed it, and that's really the most important thing.

Hiya guys,

Just picked up one of their servers in the US to allow for Rsync with my uk server running my forum. Any clues on how to set up rsync to do this as have never used it before. Also any advice on setting up backupsy would be good :) I'm running their Centos 64 bit distro

Cheers :)
Paul

You can also ask Backupsy to configure your server with their server for $15-20. You pay once, and they do it for you every time you move servers, so you don't need to repay.

Get on it!!!
Date: 25 February 2014 12:05
Subject: Backupsy - Double credit promotion!

Hello <me>,

You are receiving this email because you have active services with us and have not opted out from our promotions/newsletters. If you do not wish to receive our promotions/newsletters, please click the link below to opt-out.

We are back with an amazing promotion. We are going to double the amount you paid by Add Funds feature in your client area.

For example, if you add $50.00 funds to your account, we'll add another $50.00 credit as a bonus.

To add funds, please login to your account and go to "Billing -> Add Funds" or simply click here: https://backupsy.com/clientarea.php?action=addfunds

We appreciate your business.

Regards,
Backupsy Team

Can somebody explain me how you manage backups on Backupsy?
Does it download backups directly from WHM? (I mean automatic backups taken by WHM).
Does it allows you to select if you want to restore a database or files?
Which are the options you have regarding this?

I see when I sign up on Backupsy that I have to choose the operative system and none of them have an interface, do I have to use commands to restore and manage the backups?

Top Bottom