Backupsy

Can somebody explain me how you manage backups on Backupsy?
Does it download backups directly from WHM? (I mean automatic backups taken by WHM).
Does it allows you to select if you want to restore a database or files?
Which are the options you have regarding this?

I see when I sign up on Backupsy that I have to choose the operative system and none of them have an interface, do I have to use commands to restore and manage the backups?

Backupsy is not a backup service. It is a large storage VPS that is highly suitable for backups, due to the space. It's no different than any other VPS. There is no interface, no automated backups, etc. You have to set all that up yourself.

I currently use BQ Internet for an off site backup which is done via RSYNC which is nothing more than a sync really. I'd like to do incremental backups with retention schedules as well.

Has anyone that bought the Backupsy plan and paid the $25 to let them configure it, had them setup something similar? Or is their setup just a basic rsync?

I currently use BQ Internet for an off site backup which is done via RSYNC which is nothing more than a sync really. I'd like to do incremental backups with retention schedules as well.

Has anyone that bought the Backupsy plan and paid the $25 to let them configure it, had them setup something similar? Or is their setup just a basic rsync?

If you don't mind using r1soft (it has its share of issues at times), you can get a license pretty cheap, and use that on a Backupsy plan.

Top Bottom